Gibson Brands Forums

Taking offers

duane v

I'm joking you know. My Tele is a pile of junk that I loathe and despise... Ok... it's not really a pile of junk I just don't play it any more. One of these days I need to find some sucker to buy it. But it's so blue... what clown would play a blue guitar?

FenderTele1991.jpg

Too bad my lawsuit is taking so long............That baby would be in my stable today...

Then I would be closer to being as cool as Duane....Well, not THAT close !!!!!

Too bad my lawsuit is taking so long............That baby would be in my stable today...

Then I would be closer to being as cool as Duane....Well, not THAT close !!!!!

lol..... My moderators badge makes me not very cool (speaking for me only) [biggrin] ......... But I'm tolerable in person [blush]

True story... When my wife and I meet in 1989 she had a cherry one. She also had a COA from Gibson sayng it was the last one made in the Kalamazoo plant. Her brother stole it one day and pawned it. We were too broke back then to get it out of pawn. Never saw it again.

I thought about killing him. Does that make me a bad person? What jury would convict me?

True story... When my wife and I meet in 1989 she had a cherry one. She also had a COA from Gibson sayng it was the last one made in the Kalamazoo plant. Her brother stole it one day and pawned it. We were too broke back then to get it out of pawn. Never saw it again.

I thought about killing him. Does that make me a bad person? What jury would convict me?

Hmmmm If you could have proven that it was stolen then the Pawn shop would have had to give it back to you.... I'm thinking there was a sister not wanting to get her brother in trouble situation going on. As far as the murder charges..... If I were on the jury it would have been a justifiable homicide! [biggrin]

Hmmmm If you could have proven that it was stolen then the Pawn shop would have had to give it back to you.... I'm thinking there was a sister not wanting to get her brother in trouble situation going on. As far as the murder charges..... If I were on the jury it would have been a justifiable homicide! [biggrin]

It was more a case of the mother not wanting him to get in trouble. It wasn't even like he was a coke head or anything. He was a freak. He would steel stuff, usually guitars, from his friends and family and pawn them till he had enough money to rent a tux and a limo for the night and hit clubs pretending to be (incert rock star of the day)'s manager and buying drinks for everyone telling the house band they were all going to be stars when he was done with them.

He is a being unencumbered by the bonds of reality. :blink:

I'm making neck pickup covers with frets on them to solve this problem. :blink:

Funny Man! [flapper] I wasn't talking about a neck pickup cover!

I was talking about an actual piece of solid wood that would fit ( very snugly) in the neck pick up cavity so it was solid (You could screw it in like a direct mount pickup) and extended the fretboard on top of it as many frets as you like. All one piece that would follow the neck angle...

It would be removable and " Possibly" would be capable to embed a pick-up into somehow ...

The only issue I can think of might be binding on the end of the fretboard.....

I'm an idea man.... what can I say. [biggrin]

It's all fun and games until I poke somebodies eye out.... or make a million bucks off a dumb idea.... HE HE

Andy

Archived