Gibson Brands Forums

Don't tell Steve but I'm seeking knowledge on FUZZ

swleary

Yep you heard right. I went to elctro harmonix website and checked out the big muff, lil muff and I think the double muff....

So guess the question is,

What would you recommend ? I really like the lil muff but not sure....oh don't need to break the bank either ..I don't have Fuzzy Fred's vast fortune lmao

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there an amp tech or anyone you know good at soldering? Check out some sweet fuzz kits like the American fuzz from mammoth electronics, or some of Devi ever's stuff. There is tons of fuzz, don't gotta go with a muff

I have no fortune, I just know how to make deals

Yep you heard right. I went to elctro harmonix website and checked out the big muff, lil muff and I think the double muff....

So guess the question is,

What would you recommend ? I really like the lil muff but not sure....oh don't need to break the bank either ..I don't have Fuzzy Fred's vast fortune lmao

I am going to be the princess here and say it - Big Muff is not fuzz. It is mid scooped distortion. Not bad if you like the Muff family (I like a little seventies style ginger muff myself), but it ain't fuzz.

The Big Muff IS fuzz. Not all are mid-scooped. The mid scoop comes from the tone stack and you can bypass it or some just don't have a tone control.

Honestly, the current EHX offerings are pretty lame. The Dunlop Fuzz Faces are also lame. I would recommend not wasting your time or money on them if you're serious about teh fuzz. They're a good starting place I guess but why not go straight to the good stuff for about the same or just a little more money.

Check out the Devi Ever Hyperion. THE MUFF KILLER.

Not my Joe Fuzz Face, this one screams when you add overdrive. satisfiesfies my tube fuzz needs.

Go post that at ILF. People will eat you alive. Lol IMO the bonamassa fuzz face does sound better, but tons of companies make way better fuzz face-like pedals

Go post that at ILF. People will eat you alive. Lol IMO the bonamassa fuzz face does sound better, but tons of companies make way better fuzz face-like pedals

Could care less, im a happy man. I also got it for $70, twas used.

That a steal!

All I'm saying is of you were to drop 150 for it, I'd say there are way better alternatives for way cheaper

Exactly, theres alot of deals out their for pedals if you look. Just because its not the doesn't mean you cant get heavenly tones from it.

Who cares what other people think, if they judge you because they dont like a pedal you use then they dont even deserve to be alive.

The Devi Ever Rocket and/or Godzilla, omg I want one of them sooo bad.

It's not that Dunlop or a lot of the EHX Muffs are "cheap". They're really not. They're just kinda like a Mc Donalds hamburger.

I'm not saying they're all bad. You can make em work for sure. They're just not the best and the better stuff is often cheaper or just a little more.

Archived