Gibson Brands Forums

Sold my Dot Studio... but got something else!

Tex-Dot

I hated to see my Dot go, but I wanted to go a different direction on my guitar playing journey. Plus the wife refused to allow more than two guitars in the house. So after a search on craigslist, I found this:

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

It's an interesting guitar with an interesting design history. The 24in scale is nice since I'm still a beginner. Mine has a CIJ Q serial number which places it's build date circa 2003/2004. I'm a sucker for sonic blue. Everything is stock, and after reading up on it, there are some out there that hate the stock pickups, but they sound okay to my untrained ear. For now this is a better guitar for me than my Epi was. The guy I sold my Dot to was an older gentleman who had been playing nearly all of his life. He got a heck of a nice guitar for a good price.

Plus the wife refused to allow more than two guitars in the house. So after a search on craigslist, I found this:

A new wife, LOL.

Nice guitar TD, I do like the JagStangs, a bit out of the ordinary, congrats mate and HNGD.

Thanks guys! Wife is relatively new I suppose, we're about 4 years into it. I've already got the perfect excuse to get a Casnio when the time is right... I'll give the Jagstang to my daughter when she decides she wants to learn. She's four now, so I've got a few years until then. Until then, I bought my brother an EJ-160E, which I borrow from time to time (it collects dust at his house) so I'm still in the Epi family.

A new wife, LOL.

Nice guitar TD, I do like the JagStangs, a bit out of the ordinary, congrats mate and HNGD.

That was my first thought, but seeing as you've already invested so much in her, you now need a plan. Just keep buying until you reach the what is known as the "vanishing point".

Generally, when you own somewhere around 6 guitars, most wives become desensitized and lose the ability to recognize individual instruments (BTW this doesn't hold true if they're Hembry guits) - if you can get to this point (somehow) you're golden - you can just keep buying with impunity.

Generally, when you own somewhere around 6 guitars, most wives become desensitized and lose the ability to recognize individual instruments (BTW this doesn't hold true if they're Hembry guits) - if you can get to this point (somehow) you're golden - you can just keep buying with impunity.

That's what my friend did. Now's he's somewhere in the 50 count + range. His wife can tell because what he brings home now doesn't have dust on it. He use to be able to say, "this old thing, I've

had it for years". She's gives him the stink eye if he says that now.

If you're bringing in money and can afford it, you get to have as much invested in guitars as she does in shoes and clothes. After all, your guitars won't wear out!

"I'll drink if I want to

And play a little poker too

Don't you say nothing to me

As long as I'm taking care of you

As long as I'm workin' baby

And payin' all the bills

I don't want no mouth from you

About the way I'm supposed to live

You must be crazy woman

Just gotta be outta your mind

As long as I foot the bills

I'm payin' the cost to be the boss" --- B.B. King

I hated to see my Dot go, but I wanted to go a different direction on my guitar playing journey. Plus the wife refused to allow more than two guitars in the house. So after a search on craigslist, I found this:

It's an interesting guitar with an interesting design history. The 24in scale is nice since I'm still a beginner. Mine has a CIJ Q serial number which places it's build date circa 2003/2004. I'm a sucker for sonic blue. Everything is stock, and after reading up on it, there are some out there that hate the stock pickups, but they sound okay to my untrained ear. For now this is a better guitar for me than my Epi was. The guy I sold my Dot to was an older gentleman who had been playing nearly all of his life. He got a heck of a nice guitar for a good price.

Nice guitar. Very interesting, in a good way.

Now will you change your screen name?

Archived