Gibson Brands Forums

Love the smell of Gibson in the morning!

ajsc

Great performance! The only thing that's a bit odd is the very beginning where he says 'close personal friend' and she laughs uncomfortably. Hmmmm. That was a little wierd. But other than that, great song and great guitars!

Great performance! The only thing that's a bit odd is the very beginning where he says 'close personal friend' and she laughs uncomfortably. Hmmmm. That was a little wierd. But other than that, great song and great guitars!

They either still are, or used to be, married, I believe--funny that one can't tell which from that little exchange.

I have always loved this song--it first came out on Nitty Gritty's Vol 3 of Will the Circle Be Unbroken. (Now this is from memory, I confess, and I have not verified the foregoing with the google machine. :rolleyes: )

I'm watching it again. Wouldn't it be great to have a spouse that plays? I would love that. Getting the ex to sit down and play is like pulling teeth.

I wouldn't let my ex get close to me when I had a guitar in hand. Even 25 years later she would probably rip it out of my hands and pound it to pieces over my head.

Some people have a hard time letting go of anger....... and anger and guitars don't go together very well. Bad things happen, and the guitar usually pays the price.

Oh, no, is that another bad country song comin' on?

I wouldn't let my ex get close to me when I had a guitar in hand. Even 25 years later she would probably rip it out of my hands and pound it to pieces over my head.

Some people have a hard time letting go of anger....... and anger and guitars don't go together very well. Bad things happen, and the guitar usually pays the price.

LOL! Yes, we've seen way too many guitar *projects* on eBay as a result of spousal retribution haha!

More than on top – hovering over the mountain !

The song.

The sound.

The instrumentation – that harp is heaven.

The harmonies.

The dynamics and details.

The calmness and down-tempo, still so alive.

I totally love this clip – absolute masters.

made me cry

ElKabong-793115.jpg

Archived