Gibson Brands Forums

Post Pics Of your Les Paul

guitarkid

That's quite alright R9 -

I love looking at your guitars - especially your LPs. [thumbup]

Yeah absolutely .. it's quite alright R9. I am just trying to figure out from the photo which one of those beauts is your 59 RI? [blink]

My little bundle of mid-life crisis.

Recieved the Joe Bonamassa Studio today from Guitar Center, took it out of box, took a picture of it in its case and noticed several scratches and a dime sized scuff on it. Put back in box and carried back to ups store. The nice lady on the phone at guitar center assured me they would try to send me a NEW one next week. [thumbdn]

stand.jpg

joe.jpg

I don't have an R9 anymore (unless you count Pearly). Had two & sold them.

Oh I see - but now I am curious as to why you sold them. I have been thinking of getting an R9 as my next guitar (not now as I haven't had my 08 std for long). In any case what do you think of the R9s?

My little bundle of mid-life crisis.

Recieved the Joe Bonamassa Studio today from Guitar Center, took it out of box, took a picture of it in its case and noticed several scratches and a dime sized scuff on it. Put back in box and carried back to ups store. The nice lady on the phone at guitar center assured me they would try to send me a NEW one next week. [thumbdn]

stand.jpg

joe.jpg

You should give GC the two fingers, get your money back and go and support one of your local independent gibson resellers if there are any in your area. They will usually be more prone to making a deal than the bigger commercial stores. I recently purchased my 1st Gibson and the 1st shop I went to (probably one of the biggest where I live) had an LP 08 STD which was full of scratches. Sure they were probably the result of other people demoing them. However, when you are in the market for new you hardly want it with scratches on! Anyway, I found another gibson reseller (real small store tucked away in a back street)and whilst he had lots of other brands of guitars out on display, one thing I noticed was that every single gibson he had was still in a original packaging and on a shelf. I ended up buying from him after playing the 1st one he showed me (fell in love after 20 minutes).

BTW - welcome to the forum and good luck with the replacement, the Bonamassa is awesome! [thumbup]

You should give GC the two fingers, get your money back and go and support one of your local independent gibson resellers if there are any in your area. They will usually be more prone to making a deal than the bigger commercial stores. I recently purchased my 1st Gibson and the 1st shop I went to (probably one of the biggest where I live) had an LP 08 STD which was full of scratches. Sure they were probably the result of other people demoing them. However, when you are in the market for new you hardly want it with scratches on! Anyway, I found another gibson reseller (real small store tucked away in a back street)and whilst he had lots of other brands of guitars out on display, one thing I noticed was that every single gibson he had was still in a original packaging and on a shelf. I ended up buying from him after playing the 1st one he showed me (fell in love after 20 minutes).

BTW - welcome to the forum and good luck with the replacement, the Bonamassa is awesome! [thumbup]

I normally don't bother with GC but they had a 15% off any one item deal going last weekend and that took over $200 off the price. Will see what the next one looks like. Judging by the complete lack of knowledge by the customer support girls that I spoke with things will probably turn out badly [crying].

As far as buying local, not very many Gibson dealers out here in rural Mississippi. But Peavey headquarters is just down the road [biggrin]

Oh I see - but now I am curious as to why you sold them. I have been thinking of getting an R9 as my next guitar (not now as I haven't had my 08 std for long). In any case what do you think of the R9s?

All historic reissues are the same guitar and thee best guitars Gibson makes, IMO. If you buy an R9 you're paying a hefty premium for the flame maple top. Same with the R0. R7s & R8s are the exact same guitar as the R9 without the flame top and usually have fatter necks.

I have six historics right now (granted two are Customs). I just don't have one where the serial number begins with the number 9. My old R9s were awesome sounding & feeling guitars but I wasn't 100% happy with their looks and that's why I sold them. Gotta have all three for me to keep them - tone/feel/looks. If you're anything like me, and many others, you'll likely sell that Standard soon after buying a historic. Don't take my word for it - go out and try them. I know they aren't as common in Italy but I'm sure you'll find one.

I normally don't bother with GC but they had a 15% off any one item deal going last weekend and that took over $200 off the price. Will see what the next one looks like. Judging by the complete lack of knowledge by the customer support girls that I spoke with things will probably turn out badly [crying].

As far as buying local, not very many Gibson dealers out here in rural Mississippi. But Peavey headquarters is just down the road [biggrin]

Yeah 200 bucks would sure be better off in your pocket! Anyway if they are replacing it you may just get one that has never had the box opened after leaving the factory. For me that was really important when I purchased mine - I mean it was a special moment. I had wanted a les paul since I was 14 years old. I am hoping things work out for you. Let us know how you get on and post some pics too. B)

All historic reissues are the same guitar and thee best guitars Gibson makes, IMO. If you buy an R9 you're paying a hefty premium for the flame maple top. Same with the R0. R7s & R8s are the exact same guitar as the R9 without the flame top and usually have fatter necks.

I have six historics right now (granted two are Customs). I just don't have one where the serial number begins with the number 9. My old R9s were awesome sounding & feeling guitars but I wasn't 100% happy with their looks and that's why I sold them. Gotta have all three for me to keep them - tone/feel/looks. If you're anything like me, and many others, you'll likely sell that Standard soon after buying a historic. Don't take my word for it - go out and try them. I know they aren't as common in Italy but I'm sure you'll find one.

Thanks for the insight. It has helped me to understand more about the Gibson world and I will certainly keep what you said in mind. They make so many models it is hard to know which one to choose; a part from when the love at 1st sight/feel syndrome catches you while at the music store but I want some of that historic magic. I am really loving my standard and am loosing loads of sleep from playing till the early hours. I want another though, especially after seeing all these beauties people are posting here! [smile]

Oh man...that was about my favorite guitar on this Forum [crying] Why'd you sell it?

Thanks. I played the hell out of that LP for years. It was my first Gibson. Eventually, I bought a Tele which I played almost exclusively for quite a few years. The custom stayed mostly in the case. A Spaniard made me an offer for it I couldn`t refuse. He wanted it so bad and was willing to pay more than it was worth so I parted with it. I ended up buying a LP Standard Faded later on which became my number one. I just recently bought a Gold Top Studio which has been getting major attention. So it goes.....

Here are some more pics of it: http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/69034-ngd/page__p__938075__fromsearch__1#entry938075

Where are you in Md? I used to live in Aberdeen and in Havre De Grace (Harford County) many many moons ago.

Your Fireburst is a beauty!

Thanks. I played the hell out of that LP for years. It was my first Gibson. Eventually, I bought a Tele which I played almost exclusively for quite a few years. The custom stayed mostly in the case. A Spaniard made me an offer for it I couldn`t refuse. He wanted it so bad and was willing to pay more than it was worth so I parted with it. I ended up buying a LP Standard Faded later on which became my number one. I just recently bought a Gold Top Studio which has been getting major attention. So it goes.....

Here are some more pics of it: http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/69034-ngd/page__p__938075__fromsearch__1#entry938075

Where are you in Md? I used to live in Aberdeen and in Havre De Grace (Harford County) many many moons ago.

Your Fireburst is a beauty!

Thanks. Yeah I did see that Goldtop she's petty too. Just something about that Custom that was so classy looking.

I'm a little south of Aberdeen in A.A. County. Don't know if you were familiar with the old Sandbar/Network club. Lot's of great bands used to play there in the 70s, 80s and 90s. I live right behind where it used to be.

Archived