Gibson Brands Forums

SG Standard 60's Guitar Center Exclusive

hardrocktyler93

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats, nice score!

I'm heading to my favorite non-GC music store Tuesday to finally cure my years-long case of SG GAS & buy a 50th Anniv. Robby Krieger SG, and I think I'll swing by GC on the way to see if I can try out one of these as well. What I'd really like is a hybrid of the two - Lyre vibrola, coil taps, no "50th" decal on the peghead (just the MOP crown & Gibson inlays), and no Krieger artwork on the rear control cover plate.

Again, congrats, and enjoy!

Thanks guys. I don't know if this is a limited run or guitar center will be selling this all the time but I would suggest if you see one that you like, grab it!

Not sure, my GC standard is very similar but it has BB 2&3's (covered) with coil taps, 60's neck in Classic White.

I prefer the look of covered pickups, but that SG still looks killer. I wouldn't rule out buying one just for the uncovered pickups... besides, my SG Special has no covers and it's a tone monster, which is more important for me anyway. I've always been one to go for tone over appearance, but I think on my next Gibson I'm going to go for the best of both worlds.

Archived