Gibson Brands Forums

The electric guitar isn't so wild as it once was - Is it?

Duende

Just for a talking point I 'd like to share this chaps video. We have just become 'friends' me on youtube and I have been checking his music out. I think my ears must be so used to hearing rock guitar with this almost perfect vibrato and neat and tidy distortion, that to hear someone play this way was like being woken up.

I know one man's sloppy is another's wild animal when it comes to sound (the arguments about Page and Hendrix on guitar forums in general are testament to that) but I would be interested to hear what you think of this man and if you think enough people play rock guitar with this kind of lack of inhibition anymore...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cVeojzqEaY&feature=channel_video_title

Sounded great to me. My problem is that I overthink when I play. I used to be ok at "turning off" the brain when I was at the peak of my jazz piano playing, but those days are long gone. I wish I could play like he does...

Wow! That's exactly what I was doing yesterday afternoon from 02:30-09:00PM. I lost track of time. It great to go out to the land of Fuzz and Wah-wah

and just cut lose once in a while. It's good for the soul. B) (Not sure what my neighbors were thinking, though). [cursing]

Archived