Gibson Brands Forums

The Dickies, The Dead Kennedy's and Other Nefarious Punks

Californiaman

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really do love me some Black Flag (especially the early stuff)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3Bm22h-8pQ

I listen to a lot of grindcore, too--and although a lot of people confuse it with death metal (and it's taken on plenty of DM elements and gone more in that direction since the early days) grindcore is still in essence a punk movement.

Speaking of X...

My brother and some of his friends were on an "Opening Day" fishing trip in the Eastern Sierras a few years ago.

They stopped by the geothermal hot pools outside of Mammouth for a dip in the warm water. While they were there one of his buddies said to another guy in the pool, "Hey has anyone ever told you you look like John Doe from the band X?"

The guy said, "That's because I am John Doe."

They were hot tubbing with John Do from X in the middle of a fishing trip!

A lot of killer stuff here: Social D, Black Flag, Ramones, X, Sex Pistols, etc. Just please, no more Offspring. They remind me more of spoiled suburban kids than any of the bands above.

How about some Detroit love for punk music predecessors The Stooges and Death?

And in honor of my drummer, a DC native, I'll mention Minor Threat and Government Issue.

A lot of killer stuff here: Social D, Black Flag, Ramones, X, Sex Pistols, etc. Just please, no more Offspring. They remind me more of spoiled suburban kids than any of the bands above.

And in honor of my drummer, a DC native, I'll mention Minor Threat and Government Issue.

I was gonna throw up some minor threat, but alas, straightedge I am not.

Love me some Stooges.

Archived