Gibson Brands Forums

Does Anyone Have One Of These!?

Tman5293

I have a friend that has one there a lot of fun for a few minutes but then it's get's pretty screechy and annoying. There a lot like a violin or a glass harp a really talented person that has spent a lot of time and energy learning to play it sounds really cool the average person sounds pretty horrid. His sister who is a violinist can make it sound really good, I've only played it a couple times so I sound still sound kind of like I'm torturing a cat.

I have to get one of these things now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd4jvtAr8JM

msp_thumbup.gif

just don't set it too close to the pyrotechnic block or take it to any "real" Southern bars.........

that "clinical" into vid was just enough to cause one to think about ways to really "get down" on it !!

and trying to imagine what it would sound like thru a Plexi or Blues Deluxe......

Joe Bonamassa always has one on stage with him, he uses it well if you asked me. It's an interesting instrument (listen to the Zelda theme, you'll recognize it!), but I think it's hard to incorporate it in a way that fits with any music I'd consider "conventional"

Archived