Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Jwill

Hey Guys,

Just got home from buying a new Hummingbird, and I couldn't be any more excited about it. I walked into the store thinking that I may leave with her and I was right. The same store also had a couple J-45's, three J-200's, custom RW J-45, as well as a couple SWD's. Aside from Gibson's they had a fresh batch of Limited Taylors, as well as a good selection of D-28 variants. I played nearly everything they had and the Hummingbird by far was the one for me, it had the most open sound with the most presence and depth of any of the guitars they had. I couldn't believe how far and away better the Hummingbird was than everything else, it must have been a particularly good one.

Pictures to come, just one my way to a Metallica show!

I couldn't believe how far and away better the Hummingbird was than everything else, it must have been a particularly good one.

You are up 'n flying. Lots of moonshine your way. The words above ring big - you definitely hit the right guitar. Are you a strummer. . .

Standard/TV ?? Looking forward to the pics -

Em7 I am a strummer, it'll be mostly played singer songerwriter with me singing with it. But I do a fair amount of picking as well and I can't believe how well this accomplishes that.

On my way out the door, pics prolly tmrw!

Definitely waiting on those picks, I could stare at the HB's all day long ... the most beautiful guitar on the planet in my opinion.

btw: you will enjoy playing the intro to Nothing Else Matters on it ... :-)

Definitely waiting on those picks, I could stare at the HB's all day long ... the most beautiful guitar on the planet in my opinion.

EuroA if I was S. Freud, I'd go : This guy beyond doubt carries a J-200, a Hummingbird and, , , , a J-45 below his hat !

Another once I got it home, sorry for bad quality, just using blackberry camera, can't find my digital; not much of a photographer.

Sorry but that's all I can upload for now, will add more later once I recover from Metallica show, hard on the head from five rows back.

post-34034-054383000 1310734562_thumb.jpg

Hey, Beautiful H'bird. Welcome to the club. I bought one a few months ago. Nothing like that new guitar smell. Should come with a warning label. But then, the sound is what's really intoxicating. I still can't decide if I like stumming or fingerpicking more. Fun trying to figure it out. Congrats !!!

Hey Guys,

Just got home from buying a new Hummingbird, and I couldn't be any more excited about it. I walked into the store thinking that I may leave with her and I was right. The same store also had a couple J-45's, three J-200's, custom RW J-45, as well as a couple SWD's. Aside from Gibson's they had a fresh batch of Limited Taylors, as well as a good selection of D-28 variants. I played nearly everything they had and the Hummingbird by far was the one for me, it had the most open sound with the most presence and depth of any of the guitars they had. I couldn't believe how far and away better the Hummingbird was than everything else, it must have been a particularly good one.

Pictures to come, just one my way to a Metallica show!

Sounds like somebody I know [wink]

Great and beautifull guitar indeed buddy [cool]

Archived