Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone Ever Get GAS For Non-Guitar Related Things?

Tman5293

For when I win the lottery [flapper]

2010-mercedes-sls-amg.jpg

Roberto Luongo has one of these, I saw him out at Mission a while back when the Ferrari Maserati Club of Vancouver had there track day, was a nice rainy day with a couple million worth of cars zooming around the track. I personally want a Maserati Coupe from I dunno lets say 2006 still a fairly new car and they sell used for around $30-$40K which is pretty damn good since my coworkers 2009 Dodge Cailber SRT4 cost him $32K and well I think the 4.2L V8 would put a spanking on the 2.4L Turbo 4 banger. And the awesome thing is in a couple years I could get one if I wanted to, I no longer owe anything on my current vehicle nor do I have existing loans, it just comes down to a hard choice, continue leasing places and own an awesome car or drive my 1993 truck till it dies and get a house. That's a hard choice!

2316_main_l.jpg

It's too bad that neither of those imports would stand a chance against the Super Snake on the track. dry.gif

American cars are horrible at turns, i mean this has been a fact for years now. Id say the only good Ameircan car good at turns really was the Ford GT40 (great car), yes the Mustang has tons of power under the hood but that doesnt really mean it can be very good in a track its more on how the car turns and moves then how much power is in the engine. Very common thing to over look! When i mean track i dont mean a circle to...

American cars are horrible at turns, i mean this has been a fact for years now. Id say the only good Ameircan car good at turns really was the Ford GT40 (great car), yes the Mustang has tons of power under the hood but that doesnt really mean it can be very good in a track its more on how the car turns and moves then how much power is in the engine. Very common thing to over look! When i mean track i dont mean a circle to...

Actually the Super Snake has a fantastic suspension system and can turn quite well for a car its size and weight.

I've got a Corvette Z06 that will prove this statement is pure BULL$HIT!! [biggrin]

Sure your car turns great, its made out of plastic. [lol]

Also i wouldnt call the new Corvettes much of American cars anymore, based heavily upon European supercars more then ever.

Now if we get talking about the 60's...70's Corvettes...now those are cars. [love]

Sure your car turns great, its made out of plastic. [lol]

Also i wouldnt call the new Corvettes much of American cars anymore, based heavily upon European supercars more then ever.

Now if we get talking about the 60's...70's Corvettes...now those are cars. [love]

I agree about the 60's and 70's corvettes. Love the 1965 Corvette Stingray! Except if were talking about cars that can't turn then those old muscle cars are them. You turn too hard in one of those old cars and it'll flip over. msp_flapper.gif

It's too bad that neither of those imports would stand a chance against the Super Snake on the track. dry.gif

Maybe, maybe not that Mustang weighs over 4100lbs with all those extra goodies added fully loaded the Maserati is 3700lbs thats a pretty huge weight difference and will make all the world of a difference in a drag race, the only thing that impresses me in a straight line is a Top Fuel or Jet Car that does the 1/4 in 3-4s at 300+ MPH and feels like thunder as it goes by. The Maserati Coupe is a FIA GT3 race car variant its made to be driven hard in the corners, knowing Ford they are probably STILL using a solid axle in the mustang, the Mustang would disappear at the first corner, not to mention ever successive corner afterwards the weight of the car will seriously diminish the effect of the brakes. The 750HP power package is a $30,245 OPTION ontop of the price of the car, LOL I can take a Fox Body mustang and make 800HP off a 302 for that kinda cash.

I agree about the 60's and 70's corvettes. Love the 1965 Corvette Stingray! Except if were talking about cars that can't turn then those old muscle cars are them. You turn too hard in one of those old cars and it'll flip over. msp_flapper.gif

Well if you break hard on a old Charager, nothing happens you just keep going. [lol]

I love all these American Musicle cars and i do want a 72 R/T Chanlleger or one of the newer models but something about European supercars just makes me have a need for speed.

Did you see the Audi A7? Its the best looking Hatchback/coupe ive ever see.

I've got a Corvette Z06 that will prove this statement is pure BULL$HIT!! [biggrin]

Truth, even though its an overpriced plastic POS (no offense) I have been a corvette fan for the longest time and always will be, but I was really sad to see such crappy construction on the new ones, a friend of mine and the owner of one of the paint shops we sell to has a Lingenfelter Z06 and its pure sex but you can push the back of the car (the part the tail lights are on) in a good two inches or so its pretty brutal (Dont worry my coworkers C5 is the same way) they are going too plastic with stuff now and its not just American manufacturers.

The Stringray looks really nice on paper and pictures, but if you own one you will know the hassle with them...a non-reinforced fiberglass body that likes to crack and break on rough roads, so dont invest in one unless you got smooth roads around. The new Stringray they had in the second transformers movie, ummmmm yes please now! WAY better then the new Camaro, hopefully it doesn't take them 4 years to put it into production.

Actually when you replace all the control arms, shocks, sway bars, springs so basically upgrade the entire suspension to a more modern adjustable one, take out the sky high riding springs for a lower more aggressive spring rate and you can turn a classic muscle car into a pretty nice handling machine, it wont be a Porsche or Ferrari but will be millions of miles better. A complete suspension overhaul can do amazing things to a car, in my old STS2 autocross car I changed over to adjustable coil-overs and put a racing grade sway bar on the front, stock had a diameter of about 8mm the aftermarket one was 21mm, and it cut my lap time down almost 3 seconds.

Maybe, maybe not that Mustang weighs over 4100lbs with all those extra goodies added fully loaded the Maserati is 3700lbs thats a pretty huge weight difference and will make all the world of a difference in a drag race, the only thing that impresses me in a straight line is a Top Fuel or Jet Car that does the 1/4 in 3-4s at 300+ MPH and feels like thunder as it goes by. The Maserati Coupe is a FIA GT3 race car variant its made to be driven hard in the corners, knowing Ford they are probably STILL using a solid axle in the mustang, the Mustang would disappear at the first corner, not to mention ever successive corner afterwards the weight of the car will seriously diminish the effect of the brakes. The 750HP power package is a $30,245 OPTION ontop of the price of the car, LOL I can take a Fox Body mustang and make 800HP off a 302 for that kinda cash.

I guarantee you that the Gran Turismo S would be left in the dust. It actually weighs about 3900lb. It has 440bhp with 410 lb/ft of torque. Now compare that to the Super Snake. It's slightly heavier at 4100lb. However it also has 800bhp with 590lb/ft of torque. It has 6 piston brakes on all wheels and a 3.73:1 axle ratio. The Super Snake goes 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. Compare that to the Maserati which goes 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.

Now I think we all know who would win at the track...................

I am not here to argue about it, but with my 13 years of racing background and the fact I have been working with race cars as full time job for the last 5 years I know a little bit of stuff. I have never once seen a dominant domestic car on a road course, most require heavy modification which then puts you into a whole new racing class, and if were going to pit cars against each other we better make sure that we compare similar cars so we should just change the Maserati to a Bugatti Veyron, and there is no hope in hell the Super Snake would catch that import in a straight line or in a circle, but with a 2.7 million dollar price tag :rolleyes:

It all comes down to how much money you have to spend compared to the next guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIj2GVfua84

Archived