Gibson Brands Forums

Who Else Likes Riding On The Railroad?

Tman5293

I've been listening to these guys all week and I think their stuff is just fantastic! msp_thumbup.gif

This is by far the greatest song I've heard in a long time! msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZM25ZG6ZZU

And then of course there's Time Machine. Great 1,4,5 Blues progression:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tSPGYIf7lk&hd=1

So who else is a GFR fan? msp_cool.gif

As a teenager growing up in the 70s no band was panned more by the critics than GFR.

Of course no bands music was more fun to play or got a better audience response than that of Mel, Mark and Don.

This is the one we used to do that killed every time.

Great band. And the name was common sight around here was the Grand Trunk Railway with the name painted huge on the line's box cars. :) . . One of the things I remember about the late 60s and early 70s here in Michigan is the music scene was huge. Lots performances/concerts, some free. I remember seeing a lot of local Michigan bands, sometimes playing outdoors no tickets - Seger, Nugent and the Dukes, Grand Funk Railroad, MC5, Iggy and the Stooges, Tommy James, Mitch Ryder, The Frost (D!ck Wagner), SRC, among a lot of lesser known local bands. I remember more than a couple times walking around East Lansing and MSU, coming up on an outdoor performance I didn't know was going on until I stumbled across them. It didn't take too long into the 70s when the whole music scene went very commercial/business.

Haven't ever been in a band, 1975 - 2003, that didn't do at least a couple of theirs. I'm Yer Captain almost always picked over Stairway as a closer for us, we would mostly let the crowd pick it.

If you don't have it, get this one:

15155.jpg

rct

YES! I saw GFR on their first tour. What A Show. They opened with "Are You Ready." [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] Hiwatt amps.

The guitarist Mark still tours..............on his own..........

Archived