Gibson Brands Forums

I blame you lot...another Epi 50th 1960 V3 ordered

Ovie

Having seen Dalep's thread, and now Midiman56's, I've ordered the Cherry Sunburst one.

It's being delivered tomorrow, and I want to know how on earth I'm supposed to sleep tonight.

I've not played one, but the reviews I've seen and read, and the way my Epi Les Paul Classic Gold Top plays has convinced me. I have played a Gibson LP studio Silverburst recently back to back with an Epi Les Paul custom, and preferred the Epi so I'd already decided that I would get an Epi again rather than fork out the fortune just to have a 'Gibson'.

These threads just helped push me in the right (or wrong, if you're my wife) direction.

So, I'd just like to say thanks and it's your fault(s) along with Epiphone for making such good guitars and Gibson for not making theirs special enough.

Ovie

These threads just helped push me in the right (or wrong, if you're my wife) direction.

Play it with no shirt on doing Pete Townsend like windmills with your arm, and maybe drop your trousers about halfway through, your wife will soon come around, LOL.

It's being delivered tomorrow, and I want to know how on earth I'm supposed to sleep tonight.

I can have you sleep like a baby. All you have to do is donate it to my need of a second guitar so that I can play along with my wife [thumbup] .

By the way, did you not know that there's more pleasure in giving than there is in receiving. Like I said, you will sleep like a baby. [biggrin]

You need your kids to support your new guitar ...

I think this is a good way of teaching them how to thank you for all you've done when they're grown up and rich and you're old and grey.

Alan

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

And now the bad news: it's been delivered with a small dent in the lower body near the jack socket. Got a picture of it and have already e-mailed the store about it. Not wanting to send the guitar back though, just looking for some money off.

036.jpg

And the tuner I got free!

035.jpg

All in all I love the guitar, has a stronger, more gutsy sound to it compared to the classic. Can't wait to buy a good valve amp and then really enjoy the tone!

It's still the fault of all of you!

Woah, that cherrybust is delicious, what a gorgeous thing that is, damn shame about the ding, that's easily repaired though, others more skilled in that will probably help you with some advice. The GT is a nice looking geet too, just that cherryburst steals the show. Enjoy both of them Ovie, and congrats.

EDIT: I bought one of them Polytunes when they first come out, cost me $100, I've used it maybe 2 of 3 times, those LED arrays are too difficult to see for me, it's sat in it's box in a cupboard somewhere ever since, I really should unload it. My tuner of choice is a Korg Pitch Black, tremendously clear display and extremely accurate.

HNGD! [thumbup] The GT and Cherryburst mixture looks GREAT! I can't see why Epi discontinued the LP Classics, I'd love to have one of those GTs, and I say Epi should stop making these guitars with gibson pups and upgraded electronics as limited editions. They should make them a regular production thing!

Just beautiful, Ovie!

I am a self-confessed "Cherryburstaholic" and Epi did a wonderful job on that guitar. I really had a bit of a struggle over which finish to get with my V3. Since I already have two cherries (and the darkburst looked so nice), I decided to round out my collection of LP's a bit and go with that one.

Congrats to you! I still have about a week until I get to bring mine home ... but I still get to play mine for a little while on a daily basis during lunch breaks! She is one amazing instrument. I'm very happy for you.

Jim

It IS definitely "Eye-Candy"!!!!! [thumbup]

Having the same neck as what I have on my LP Classic,

I know HOW it's going to play... I'd never be able to put it

down! Love those "Slim D" necks.

Happy New "We Twisted Your Arm to Get You to Buy It" Guitar Day!!!!

=D>=D>=D>

At least someone is owning up to it!

Have had to stop playing it as it's getting a bit late, & I'm up for work at 5:30 tomorrow morning: it's 10:13 here now.

Ah well, at least now I've got an impossible choice of what to play when I want to pick up a guitar!

I'm thinking the Strat may go up for sale.....

Ok, had a response from the store, they'll swap the guitar for another one (but as it's another boxed, unopened one like the one I was sent, there's no guarantees that it may not have a similar flaw somewhere) or £30 store credit (approx $50).

So, I took the store credit!

Right, back to playing ONE of my Les Pauls!!

Archived