Gibson Brands Forums

Elvis Presley urban legend?

Gibson Artist

I was reading an article about Elvis in 1965 meeting the beatles and getting some conflicting stories about what exactly happened. While ive read there was an impromptu jam others say it was just Elvis playing bass while they listened to records together but this wasnt the big legend. The big urban legend was did John Lennon offend Elvis?

I've read some rumors that Lennon voiced his anti-war views and that Elvis never forgot nor forgave him and even went as far as to ask the fbi to investigate possibly deporting John. This all seems ridiculous and to be quite honest i do not believe it. While John may have voiced some opinions that Elvis did not like (Presley was a former soldier) i dont think he would take it to the extreme of the urban legend tale that people seem to want to keep spinning. Anyone heard of this rumor before?

never heard of that rumor sorry.

i've said before in troll posts that elvis and other stars were only famous because they were dead, it is what is is a "troll post"...i love elvis! was brought up on him, my mum had album covers on the wall i remember as a child.

we used to watch "the only way it is" i think it was called (the live video)?...loved it loved him and still do [thumbup]

never heard of that rumor sorry.

i've said before in troll posts that elvis and other stars were only famous because they were dead, it is what is is a "troll post"...i love elvis! was brought up on him, my mum had album covers on the wall i remember as a child.

we used to watch "the only way it is" i think it was called (the live video)?...loved it loved him and still do [thumbup]

Im a big elvis and beatles fan and ive seen every one of his movies at least twice when i was young, i also remember his death being one of those you moments you remember exactly where you where when it happened. I was sitting in the car in front of my church with my mom when the news came on the radio.

Im a big elvis and beatles fan and ive seen every one of his movies at least twice when i was young, i also remember his death being one of those you moments you remember exactly where you where when it happened. I was sitting in the car in front of my church with my mom when the news came on the radio.

i was 10 days old when he died, mum being a big fan this was a massive shock to her.

<edit> Epiphone Artist -

Troll boy - watch this video - it more or less confirms your urban legend - from the mouths of the Beatles -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWSfqQcJ9tE&feature=related

Wow, so it was true. Ringo did not say if it was a comment made specifically by john but it appears as though elvis did try and have them banned/deported etc. He just said elvis felt threatened by them and they were a bad influence. I still love both the beatles and elvis regardless, people are human and we all make mistakes and i believe at that time elvis was starting into to get into his dependency issues at the time so it could also have been a factor.

Kind of a shame they couldnt have been closer because they knew how he felt to live in fishbowl.

Archived