Gibson Brands Forums

to be young again

deepblue

Maybe its because im getting older, but these songs from my youth are becoming more and more special as time passes. My teen years started in 1976, and thats when like most kids, I started to listen and to search for music that spoke to me. Now all these years later when a song such as "More then a feeling" by Boston comes on it really takes me back. My word, how the time has flown! To quote Boston....

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by"...Never a truer statement.

Gentleman...heres to our youth! :)

I think us that guys who are now around 45-50 years old had the good fortune to be born during the ultimate music period. I remember seeing The Beatles on TV and now I'm a big fan of SlipKnoT - and all that great stuff in between. The late 60's blues-rock, the 70's classic and hard rock, the punk era, post-punk(one of my fave eras of music), and right on up thru today's guitar driven metal. I have favorite bands in all of these various music periods.

...about the band Boston. I happened to pick up a copy of the remastered 1st album a few months ago and it gave me the 'pop shivers'.

+1 :)

I really miss albums. I remember the joy of bringing home a new album, putting the record on the turntable, lying in bed and reading the liner notes and drolling over the artwork. Back them, I would listen to the album all the way through. It has been many years since I've done that. There was so much more thought put into the songs on the album and the order of those songs.

This thread makes me want to cry.

flight959...

To be able to go back to London in the mid to late 60's early 70's.

Man' date=' that was music Mecca.[/quote']

Yeah man defo....

How about LA in the 80's that would have been a great scene too!

Flight959

I wasn't around when records were the only means of listening to a new album' date=' but I have like 200 records that I listen to all the time, and I'm just a young-un

I love the crackly sound:d/ [/quote']

The drawback is that they crackled and scratched really easily. But they had way more depth to the sound than a CD or mp3.

Records didn't bother me. Cassette tapes were the worst. Remember how difficult it was to find the song you wanted to hear. Man, they sucked. And they would always get caught up guts of the car stereo. I can't tell you how many mangled cassette tapes I chucked out the window of my car leaving a trail of brown tape blowing across the street.

to have been a teen when elvis turned the world on its ear, tapped out and let the beatles in for the finisher would have been the greatest time ever. the cultural storm and loss of innocence up til 1970 when the bar closed and everyone went home, as it were, was emormous.

I grew up mostly in the 80's, but prefered music from the late 50's, 60's and 70's. I did like a lot of early 80's metal but with a few exceptions didn't care for most of the 80's pop music. Many of my peers thought I was wierd listening to old Traffic, Cream or other bands they knew nothing about. Now that music sounds sounds less dated than Ah- Ha or Cajagoogoo or whatever other wierd music that was supposed to be so "cutting edge" in the 80's.

Archived