Gibson Brands Forums

Did you ever sleep in school?

dem00n

Lol! I think I remember reading about that.

Tman.... it's actually a very funny story about my history teacher, (and I actually never slept with her). When I was a freshman, my History teacher was just out of college herself, so she wasn't much older than me. Very "hippy-type" which was cool back then. I had the same teacher for English the next year.

I transferred schools in my Junior year, which is where I got kicked out for having long hair, and this teacher transferred there too....and she was my English teacher again.... and of course, she was my teacher again in my Senior year.

She had a big influence on me, and was one of the reasons I went to college.

Years later.....(It was 1994, I think), my Mother-In-Law asked me to install smoke detectors in some of her rental units. I knew one of her tenants was "Ethel May Shaw", so I thought it might actually be her.

I went to her place, (a duplex), knocked on the door, (my M-I-L told her I'd be coming), and sure enough it was her..... I went into her bedroom and installed the smoke detector, she never said a word to me.

As I was leaving, I HAD to say something to her... she was a big part of the reason I graduated college and was successful in my life...so I said, "Miss Shaw, I'm not sure you remember me."

She said, "Sure I do.... you were in some of my classes...you never were a very good student!"

So... I left with my tail between my legs.......

Hmmm.......Interesting..........[blink] :unsure: [drool]eusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gif[lol] ....

Damian, do you remember the old curse....."May you live in interesting times"?

Well, you're right...marrying a groupie is....um... "interesting", (if by interesting you mean sleeping with the drummer from a rival band at the time, or continuing to be a groupie when your husband gets drafted and sent to 'Nam, or having a B/F while your husband is in college).

I'm an extreme morning person, by time I get to school, I'm usually not tired at all, when school is out though, my sleeping patterns change drastically.

During school, I go to sleep by 11 pm and wake up by 7am

During hols, I go to sleep bet. 2-4am and wake up bet. 9-11am

Some kid fell asleep in our Technical Drawing exam, and ended up on the floor with the desk and drawing board on top of him. I laughed so much that I was removed from the hall (I then walked straight out of school) before I'd finished my paper. I got a CSE Grade 4 (s**t grade) which somewhat scuppered my parents hopes of me pursuing a career as an Architect.

During school, I go to sleep by 11 pm and wake up by 7am

During hols, I go to sleep bet. 2-4am and wake up bet. 9-11am

I'm the same during holidays but I go to bed at 9 and wake up at 4-5. I wouldn't make it to school on time if I woke up at 7.

Fcuk yes I slept in school. If it wasn't a girl I was playing my Les Paul til I crashed. I slept with my guitar all the time. Fortunately some of the teachers at my HS had the attitude that 'it's your future so it makes no difference to me what you do with this classroom time, I only grade your tests & exams' so I could count on some sleep classes.

Archived