Gibson Brands Forums

Pics of my Gibby's

Josh James

Finally got around to taking some photos! Standard is up for for trade in the good ole trading post, junior is going to be a keeper! Junior is a 01, it is gloss nitro version and the other is a 93 LP Standard. Hopefully pretty soon I will have the 93 traded up for a sweet Gibby acoustic to use with my acoustic/americana act!

DSCF1042.jpg

DSCF1048.jpg

DSCF0136.jpg

You'll miss your LP......Just sayin, and warning....

Have to agree. I regret selling every guitar I've ever owned... even the crappy beginner models. Of course if I kept them all, I'd be homeless because they would take up all the space in my house. Also,selling was a necessary evil in order to finance the next "best guitar I've ever owned"... I don't have to worry about that any more. I make enough money to afford myself about 1 high end piece of gear of $1000 or more each year. This year I've gone a bit over though... my Les Paul and my Strat cost me a total of $3,300 over a period of 5 months. [blush][blink][glare]

Finally got around to taking some photos! Standard is up for for trade in the good ole trading post, junior is going to be a keeper! Junior is a 01, it is gloss nitro version and the other is a 93 LP Standard. Hopefully pretty soon I will have the 93 traded up for a sweet Gibby acoustic to use with my acoustic/americana act!

I have a question about the pearly Gates pickup, does it sounds really différent then the burstbucker? Gibson pickup are really good so I am asking myself, if there is a réal added value to switch

DSCF1042.jpg

DSCF1048.jpg

DSCF0136.jpg

Yeah, I play it and have played it for some shows. It really is in fabulous shape for its age...more pics over on the trading post that I posted btw. I basically got it from a gentleman who bought it in 93 and then just put it away and never played it. I got it two years ago and it was almost like buying a brand new standard it was in such great shape. Hated the ceramic pickups that were in there stock so switched em for the SD's. I'm ready to part with it, my takamine acoustic is 16 years old and is nearing the end of its gigging days. I just got this great gig playing with some other great singer/songwriters every week and want something that is top-notch, like a j-45 or something of near equal value.

Thanks for all the comments and advice, I appreciate it.

Josh

I get it. Sometimes, after we have got to the point where we now a guitar completely, it has not much more to offer.

A straight across trade would seem ideal, but chances of getting a great acoustic that you bond with might be a long shot, as your choices would be limeted to those owned by individuals who happen to feel they want to trade for an LP.

So...I offer this as a suggestion: Take your LP into a store that has both the guitars you might want and see what they might offer in trade. It might be a little closer than you think. And sometimes, "loosing" a few hundred dollars in a trade transaction might be worth it if you end up with a particular guitar that you fall in love with.

Archived