Gibson Brands Forums

melody makers...?

S t e v e

MM are made by Gibson. Any guitar made by Gibson is made in the USA. Years ago, Orville by Gibson made guitars in Japan but that was ended due to the fact that they were selling more those then Gibsons. Cheaper guitars and some would even say better quailty.

MM are made by Gibson. Any guitar made by Gibson is made in the USA. Years ago, Orville by Gibson made guitars in Japan but that was ended due to the fact that they were selling more those then Gibsons. Cheaper guitars and some would even say better quailty.

thank you D.

what colour would you go for? vintage sunburst, ebony or worn white?...just curious of your opinion B)

MM colours

are the melody makers made in usa or not? [cursing]

I really do not know STEVE....Gibson does have that line of 'entry level' models out which include a MM version....

There are the occasional Epi Custom guitars made in the U.S.A., and there is a very interesting rumor going

around that the new Epi Nighthawks are MIJ but are assembled in Indoniesia................

thank you D.

what colour would you go for? vintage sunburst, ebony or worn white?...just curious of your opinion B)

MM colours

Vintage Sunburst is the best, thought i own white. The paint is very thin, the guitar is made to be beaten.

Now i have an excuse to show a pic! ;D

IMG_0080.jpg

I really do not know STEVE....Gibson does have that line of 'entry level' models out which include a MM version....

There are the occasional Epi Custom guitars made in the U.S.A., and there is a very interesting rumor going

around that the new Epi Nighthawks are MIJ but are assembled in Indoniesia................

your fave MM colour?...i'm leaning toward white :-k

Link to the Nighthawk rumor?

Vintage Sunburst is the best, thought i own white. The paint is very thin, the guitar is made to be beaten.

Now i have an excuse to show a pic! ;D

IMG_0080.jpg

what's the reason you bought white over the sunburst?, i like the white a lot [thumbup]

Almost none of the above is true. They did make Orvilles for about 10 years, late 80's to late 90's. Both Gibson and Epiphones continued to sell well in Japan. It was the Orvilles that weren't so hot, so they stopped making them and began making more Epiphones. If you've been lucky enough to play an Orville or three, and I have, you know that they weren't anywhere near Good Enough.

rct

Almost none of the above is true. They did makeOrville'ss for about 10 years, late 80's to late 90's. Both Gibson and Epiphones continued to sell well in Japan. It was the Orvilles that weren't so hot, so they stopped making them and began making more Epiphones. If you've been lucky enough to play an Orville or three, and I have, you know that they weren't anywhere near Good Enough.

rct

Really? I read that they got rid of Orvilles because they were better then the Gibson's that were made at the time. Of course Gibson and Epi sell well in Japan, they even have their own guitar just for the japs. This is all from MLP, that place is vast with info in the Other Les Paul section.

your fave MM colour?...i'm leaning toward white :-k

So many to choose from STEVE..........Samurai Silver, Geisha Gray, Tokyo Rose, Red Light District Red, Soy Sauce Sunburst, Rising Sun Yellow,

Long Grain Faded White, Light Yen Green, Takahama Tan, Miyoshi Nightburst, Bamboo Natural, Saki Burst, Fittsu Faded, Datsunburst,

Fukui Swirl, Seiten no Heki-Reki Blueburst.......But my favorite is of course, Neko ni Koban Goldtop.............................................................

Really? I read that they got rid of Orvilles because they were better then the Gibson's that were made at the time.

I know man, I know. First guy that bought a Squier was the first guy telling everyone they were "better than a Fender MAN!". Same as it ever was.

Of course Gibson and Epi sell well in Japan, they even have their own guitar just for the japs. This is all from MLP, that place is vast with info in the Other Les Paul section.

Well of course, everything on the internet is true!

rct

Link to the Nighthawk rumor?

dem00n, on the Epi forum, a member had found "Made In Japan" on a pickup or a body part, and/or "assembled in Indonesia",

leading to a short discussion on if the manufacturing was actually being done in Japan and assembly in Indonesia............

It didn't interest me enough except to make a note of the "RUMOR"............

Archived