Gibson Brands Forums

Amazing Les Paul Tone Differences

damian

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's called a straw man argument. When you can't think of a good way to make your point you ignor the debate all together and instead you attack with full snarky Righteousness a point that no one was actually making.

Its fun!

Sorry I didnt read the entire thread I just read part of page 2 and gave my opinion on guitarest's post.

You can do whatever you want with what I wrote. It's not like I care at all. Insert condesendent thumb up emoticon.

Sorry I didnt read the entire thread I just read part of page 2 and gave my opinion on guitarest's post.

You can do whatever you want with what I wrote. It's not like I care at all. Insert condesendent thumb up emoticon.

i'm going to have a t shirt maker print that up with your name and a photo of a llama is what i'm going to do with it you cheeky bastid!

As for some comments, of course when you know it's a different guitar you "notice" tonal differences, but if you don't know and nobody tells you then it's close to impossible to differentiate... I dare any of the bionic guys to tell me what guitar was used on a recording I'll post tomorrow, and if you can, what amp.

Then we'll talk.

As for some comments, of course when you know it's a different guitar you "notice" tonal differences, but if you don't know and nobody tells you then it's close to impossible to differentiate... I dare any of the bionic guys to tell me what guitar was used on a recording I'll post tomorrow, and if you can, what amp.

Then we'll talk.

TGod, I agree with you, but again, you're arguing apples and boobs.

This thread, is whether or not Les Pauls sound different from one model to the other (ie, Studio, Custom, etc.). You're point is that a lot of people can't tell what guitar you're playing. The only thing that is up for argument here is whether or not a Studio sounds different from a Custom. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

TGod, I agree with you, but again, you're arguing apples and boobs.

This thread, is whether or not Les Pauls sound different from one model to the other (ie, Studio, Custom, etc.). You're point is that a lot of people can't tell what guitar you're playing. The only thing that is up for argument here is whether or not a Studio sounds different from a Custom. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yes, that was / is the intent of this thread....As always Nat, it's taken many side roads.....Thanks for pointing out the gist of the thread.......

Sorry, my bad. So the studio and the custom don't sound the same. Hmm... Is that the studio with the same pickups, wood and fretboard as the custom? If that's the case I have to say they sound the same to me.

Now I played a custom with emgs (yeah, I know, a waste) and it sounded different for clean and slight dirt, but almost the same with distortion.

My standard sounds different than my studio and my robot. But it's got different pickups and different fretboard wood (I blame it on the pickups).

I like Apples and Boobs too! msp_thumbup.gifmsp_flapper.gif I think that would make for a better post....

I prefer comparing apples to apples and boobs to boobs.......And, Oct 23, hmmm....I've been a member here now for a full year....Interesting......

I put a pair of Gibby '57s in a M.K. guitar, sounds just like a Les Paul now.......Sure, a lot has to do with the pickups, but, I can also tell (usually),

the difference between a rosewood fretboard and an ebony one.....Of course, the more distortion, overdrive, fuzz, and/or all three combined,

blurs the ability to distinguish a Gibby Les Paul model.....But still.....................

That's the problem with responding the Guitarests posts. He's usually talking to himself. [biggrin]

biggest thing to affect tone to the point that even two supposedly identical guitars still sound different is the wood. No manufacturing process can account for it.

That's why you get even the CNC machined guitars like Fender sounding different despite identical specs. The same would be the case for Gibson, although there is a lot more steps in Gibsons done by hand,meaning there is some variation that also might make the difference too.

Archived