Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar tuner

LarryUK

I think what is available in US and England my be a little different, and have different prices.

Boss is popular and cheap here, and so is Korg. But really I say because there you might have other brands that are popular, so don't count them out because you get a lot of Americans (like me) saying what we can get and use being better than this or that that we haven't tried or don't know about.

Which tuner, seriously, depends on what you will use it for. I have 2 pedal tuners, or stage tuners, a Boss and a Korg. They are both made to get in tune fast while plugged into a rig. Regardless of specs or how accurate they are supposed to be, they aren't made for being real accurate, they are made to read quickly.

For tuning at home or doing set ups, I use the old TU-12 by Boss. I realize that there are a lot of "pro" strobes and such that can be more accurate, but I think it does a good enough job that I can get completely accurate with it. It is at least as accurate as any guitar can be set up.

So, if you are using it for home or recording, get something with a needle or a fancy strobe thingy that can reveal fine differences. If you are using it to plug into a rig and tune quickly a guitar that has already been set up, get an EASY to use and read stage tuner.

Archived