Gibson Brands Forums

RUSH's Time Machine Tour

neilpanda

Although Rush's Time Machine tour ended in early july (the 1st actually), my ears are still ringing from that wonderful night of June 30th. [woot]

As I was browing the rolling stone site, I came across this fantastic article, where I first saw an awesome video of 'Tom Sawyer' from the tour, and also read that

a DVD of the show in Cleveland is coming out on novemer 8th! [woot]

RUSH Perform 'Tom Sawyer' Live on New DVD

(I absolutely can't wait for La Villa Strangiato [thumbup])

We have to wait a little longer for the DVD release here.................................

However tonight across the U.K. at Showcase Cinema's there're screening that Cleveland show (the whole dvd)

So I'm meeting up with a couple of mate's to have a few beers & make an evening of it :D/

+1 Nothing better than Live RUSH. I've watched my R30 DVD several times and never get tired of it. [thumbup]

If you like R30 then you have to get Rush in Rio if you haven't already. It's my favorite out of all of the Rush DVDs, but then again I'm biased because I play bass and Geddy's bass is very loud in the mix! [biggrin]

If you like R30 then you have to get Rush in Rio if you haven't already. It's my favorite out of all of the Rush DVDs, but then again I'm biased because I play bass and Geddy's bass is very loud in the mix! [biggrin]

Yes I've seen Rush in RIO. Very nice. It's on my list. [thumbup]

I'll have to pick that DVD up. Time Machine was an excellent tour, and the set list was awesome.

Still think my fav concert on vid is Exit Stage Left though. Tightest I've seen the 3 of them and Geddy's voice was flawless. [thumbup]

The show in Chicago was great.

I took my 15 year old son (huge fan).

My hearing hasn't been the same...

We had kick azz seats, nothing like being there up close, live.

Moving Pictures in its entirety live... AWESOME.

Glad they did a DVD.

DO WANT A.L. Axcess!!!

I'll have to pick that DVD up. Time Machine was an excellent tour, and the set list was awesome.

Still think my fav concert on vid is Exit Stage Left though. Tightest I've seen the 3 of them and Geddy's voice was flawless. [thumbup]

My favorite as well. They brushed off the goofiness of the 70s during that era (and I don't mean the music by ANY means), and really honed the band into something transcendent. Nothing demonstrated this more than ESL. The experimentation that followed MP made me dig them even more. Many will most likely disagree with me, but I really enjoyed their foray into synths and more melodic (even poppy) songs. Then again, I love everything they've ever done.

Neil writes great books as well...

Archived