Gibson Brands Forums

"We are not certain which model this is"

ChrisA83

Yeah, eBay is always good for a laugh. Last night I was looking at an ad for a vintage Southern Jumbo that was in "exceptional" condition, although it was missing a back brace and some other braces were loose, oh and it might need a neck reset. "Exceptional!"

No, no, that's fair and honest advertising.

It's a great Gibson

Except, for the missing back brace

Except, for the other loose braces

Except, the neck needs reset.

Definitely an Exceptional Gibson

I don't thinks it's a Harmony due to the fake Gibson name, which Harmony would not do. The Gibson name on parts such as the tailpiece means nothing, and those are not tuning machines that Gibson ever used. I don't think there is a single genuine Gibson part on it. It's just a pure knock-off.

As you might guess, I'm one of the guys who wrote the seller and told him it was a fake. The lengthy comments I wrote are now posted with the listing (saying he should get it inspected to avoid embarrassment).

I don't thinks it's a Harmony due to the fake Gibson name, which Harmony would not do. The Gibson name on parts such as the tailpiece means nothing, and those are not tuning machines that Gibson ever used. I don't think there is a single genuine Gibson part on it. It's just a pure knock-off.

As you might guess, I'm one of the guys who wrote the seller and told him it was a fake. The lengthy comments I wrote are now posted with the listing (saying he should get it inspected to avoid embarrassment).

Now it is "a conversation piece". I can imagine the conversation... "Oh look at this POS I bought on eBay thinking it was a Gibson. What a fool I am! Discuss!"

Tell me how this works. A couple guys were going back and forth until it hit a hundred dollars, now c***a and 5***b have been scrapping over it.

Why come is it that 5***b seems to have bumped up his bid 3 times with no intermediate bids. One time he outbid himself by $75.00. Why would anyone do that?

Member Id: c***a ( 10Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $500.00

Member Id: 5***b ( 49Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $495.01

Member Id: 5***b ( 49Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $455.78

Member Id: 5***b ( 49Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $423.50

Member Id: 5***b ( 49Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $350.10

Member Id: p***i ( 147Feedback score is 100 to 499) US $300.00

Member Id: c***a ( 10Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $300.00

Member Id: c***a ( 10Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $250.00

Member Id: 5***b ( 49Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $150.67

Member Id: c***a ( 10Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $130.00

Member Id: 5***b ( 49Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $125.78

Actually in contests like this, A sucker isn't born every minute. It takes TWO suckers to run up a, probably modified Harmony like guitar, like this.

I'm not certain this is a Harmony but from what I see it is in the same market value bracket.

Tell me how this works. A couple guys were going back and forth until it hit a hundred dollars, now c***a and 5***b have been scrapping over it.

Why come is it that 5***b seems to have bumped up his bid 3 times with no intermediate bids. One time he outbid himself by $75.00. Why would anyone do that?

Member Id: c***a ( 10Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $500.00

Member Id: 5***b ( 49Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $495.01

Member Id: 5***b ( 49Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $455.78

Member Id: 5***b ( 49Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $423.50

Member Id: 5***b ( 49Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $350.10

Member Id: p***i ( 147Feedback score is 100 to 499) US $300.00

Member Id: c***a ( 10Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $300.00

Member Id: c***a ( 10Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $250.00

Member Id: 5***b ( 49Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $150.67

Member Id: c***a ( 10Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $130.00

Member Id: 5***b ( 49Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $125.78

Actually in contests like this, A sucker isn't born every minute. It takes TWO suckers to run up a, probably modified Harmony like guitar, like this.

I'm not certain this is a Harmony but from what I see it is in the same market value bracket.

I'm not sure how the autobidding function works, and whether it shows the intermediate bids that cause a higher autobid to kick in. If I have the high bid at X, and the other person bids X+5 and my autobid automatically raises it to X+10, does the X+5 intermediate bid show up in the bid history?

I'm not sure how the autobidding function works, and whether it shows the intermediate bids that cause a higher autobid to kick in. If I have the high bid at X, and the other person bids X+5 and my autobid automatically raises it to X+10, does the X+5 intermediate bid show up in the bid history?

I don't think it does - a lot of bidding histories look like that

Archived