Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone.com

EpiEric

Looks like Epiphone.com has undergone a pretty significant redesign.

I think it's a little bit easier to find things now and they've put the discontinued models in their own section.

Interestingly, the "Les Paul Plain Top" has been showing as "discontinued" but it looks like they are just calling it "Les Paul Standard" now while the Plus Tops remain "Les Paul Standard Plus Top."

Limited editions that are currently in production are listed in the appropriate sections as well (formerly, it seemed like a lot of these never made it to Epiphone.com at all - like the Special SC).

Looks like Epiphone.com has undergone a pretty significant redesign.

I think it's a little bit easier to find things now and they've put the discontinued models in their own section.

Interestingly, the "Les Paul Plain Top" has been showing as "discontinued" but it looks like they are just calling it "Les Paul Standard" now while the Plus Tops remain "Les Paul Standard Plus Top."

Limited editions that are currently in production are listed in the appropriate sections as well (formerly, it seemed like a lot of these never made it to Epiphone.com at all - like the Special SC).

I think it's a good idea for them to spruce up their site seeing as how they should be getting plenty of attention with all the rocksmith stuff.

I saw it this morning. It looks good. Better organized and cleaner. I'm a little bummed that some of the links are gone though. No downloads page or links page anymore. I hope they dont take them down entirely...especially the press pages.

And yeah, the LP Plain Top went back to being just the LP Standard...like I predicted. YAY!

I saw it this morning. It looks good. Better organized and cleaner. I'm a little bummed that some of the links are gone though. No downloads page or links page anymore. I hope they dont take them down entirely...especially the press pages.

Good point, RTH. The layout is cleaner, but I hope they don't take away previously existing features. Looks like the press site is still there as it was, but no longer linked from the main site. At least for now.

It's a better layout, but looks like they've got a lot more work to do.

The Out of Production page only has 15 models on it...

There are some missing pics here and there, also. The ES 345-355 are suffering from "Red X syndrome."

Interestingly, the Les Paul Jr. was listed on the Les Paul page with no pic earlier today, but it's no longer there at all.

On Out of Production that looks like only the stuff that's been discontinued in the last couple of years.

They are still in the "2011/12 Catalog" [confused]

The site still shows some faults - some have been corrected

I think, they're working on it

Yeah, I was hoping to see some higher resolution pics of the new designs.

I'd be willing to update the Epi website on a monthly basis...for a small fee of course. [biggrin]

• 1 month later...

Archived