Gibson Brands Forums

consider

Silenced Fred

I've never had a Philly cheesesteak. I don't like steak so I'm not sure I'd like it. Is the meat real chewy cause that's why I don't like steak

Not if they are done right. It's usually thin sliced and chopped up. They are quite delicious.

I've never had a Philly cheesesteak. I don't like steak so I'm not sure I'd like it. Is the meat real chewy cause that's why I don't like steak

No, its real thin, and cooked up with onions, mushrooms, cheese and peppers (at least that's how I get em with the works) and seriously like the greatest thing ever created. As an Illinois native, I am probably going to be banished from that fine state, but cheesesteak > italian beef

I focking love Philly cheesesteaks. Third best sandwich on Earth, right under Reubens and the corned beef/chopped liver combo from Sarge's in NYC. Now that is the best sandwich ever. 'Specially after a night of heavy boozing awww yeaaaaaaah.

Vodka hits pretty hard, man. I love my roommate for trading vodka for Diet Dr. Pepper. And because he's an awesome person in general.

But anyway, back to Philly cheesesteaks. Them's good eatin's. You hafta get em with onions peppers mushrooms and cheese whiz though. It's not real unless it's got cheez whiz on it. That's a real Philly cheesesteak--if you're ever in Philly, get one. They use cheez whiz on them. I know it osunds gross but it's actualyl amazing and it's the traditionnal way of doig it. What the sh*(t i'm so druk.

And if you go to New York get pizza. new YOrk piza is the beast.

just don't get it at subway or something...

Or Arby's. Talk about disappointing. Get it from a good local sandwich shop, I've always wanted to get one in Philly but I'm a bit leery of getting cheez whiz on it like I've seen some residents do.

Even though I'm in California I can easily see the pride that goes with the Philly cheesesteak. I would never disrespect it by ordering one from subway or arbys.

I figure I'd have to at least get one from a food truck in LA or something. I mean I know it's LA so it's not the real thing but it's the best I can do haha

Or Arby's. Talk about disappointing. Get it from a good local sandwich shop, I've always wanted to get one in Philly but I'm a bit leery of getting cheez whiz on it like I've seen some residents do.

Cheez whiz is delicious on dem sammiches! **** man, gotta get dat chez wizh.

I'm drunk whooooooooooooo.

Even though I'm in California I can easily see the pride that goes with the Philly cheesesteak. I would never disrespect it by ordering one from subway or arbys.

I figure I'd have to at least get one from a food truck in LA or something. I mean I know it's LA so it's not the real thing but it's the best I can do haha

There's a place in Fort Collins, CO that's called Taste of Philly. It seems kinda like a chain or something, but it might not be, but damn, they make amazing cheesesteaks. Totally worth it. I get one a weekend, don't eat for the day, work on homework then 3 or 4 o'clock I roll up and get one with the works. So god damn good. Like seriously, it is definitely one of the best foods out there.

Jeff- I didn't even mention Arby's because I didn't think anyone in their right, or even wrong for that matter, would go to Arby's to ever get edible food.

Dub, go on a late night journey, a journey to find the Cheesesteak.

Then make a movie about it, starring me and you, and we can make millions

Pat's for me. Wid or Widout?

Sometimes wid and sometimes widout.

I've only been to Philly a few times. I've had wid and widout at Pat's. Either way, Pat's is amazing.

I'm still drunk. But yeah. Pat's is great. I wish I could get a real Philly cheesesteak, but I'm in Westminster MD with no way of getting to Philly. Oh well.

Sometimes wid and sometimes widout.

I've only been to Philly a few times. I've had wid and widout at Pat's. Either way, Pat's is amazing.

I'm still drunk. But yeah. Pat's is great. I wish I could get a real Philly cheesesteak, but I'm in Westminster MD with no way of getting to Philly. Oh well.

I don't know if they do cheese steaks, but have you ever tried some great country style food at Baugher's?

There's a place in Fort Collins, CO that's called Taste of Philly. It seems kinda like a chain or something, but it might not be, but damn, they make amazing cheesesteaks. Totally worth it. I get one a weekend, don't eat for the day, work on homework then 3 or 4 o'clock I roll up and get one with the works. So god damn good. Like seriously, it is definitely one of the best foods out there.

Jeff- I didn't even mention Arby's because I didn't think anyone in their right, or even wrong for that matter, would go to Arby's to ever get edible food.

Dub, go on a late night journey, a journey to find the Cheesesteak.

Then make a movie about it, starring me and you, and we can make millions

Taste of Philly is a local operation to the Denver area. I believe it was started by someone who moved here from Philly though. I think they may have recently sold the operation? I'm pretty sure they sold the one closest to me in Littleton but I'm not sure about all of the locations.

The philly cheese steak started out as a left over cut of meat off of the tenderloin. There is a small side muscle referred to as the chain; it's every bit as tender as the tenderloin. Chef's would have this left over bit to keep for themselves and one of them decided to cook it up with onions, place it on a roll and top it off with most likely provolone cheese and thus was born the Philly Cheese Steak.

Archived