Gibson Brands Forums

LOL

Silenced Fred

tumblr_lrrfsurShL1qafrh6.gif

Just can't leave it be can we...? Not that it matters, but it's this sort of infantile bullshit that has me thinking I should just bail out of this place entirely, not that the opinion of some guy on the internet matters much to anyone... but yeh, getting a bit on my nerves how the forum is working these days

Yeah, the whole strat thing is beyond stupid. After all, what would these guys know about anything:

Jimi Hendrix, Ritchie Blackmore, Buddy Guy, Yngwie Malmsteen, Dave Gilmour, Joe Walsh, Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, John Frusciante, The Edge, **** Dale, Rory Gallagher, Eric Johnson, Lowell George, Fast Eddie Clarke, Richard Thompson, Curtis Mayfield, George Harrison, Jeff Healey, Billy Corgan, Bonnie Raitt, Ry Cooder, etc..

I give up.

"Infantile" is a pretty good word for it, considering that most posts of this sort come from the 14-20 year (give or take) olds, who comprise a pretty large percentage of the very-active posters on this forum, as with most others. I've just gotten into the habit of ignoring most posts and most posters. Maybe there should be an "adult swim" forum category......

Edit:

"I don't play Stratocaster. I've never played one in my entire life, never picked one up"

Says pretty much nothing, since there's no way he could know anything about playing a Strat, assuming the statement is true. Kinda like saying, "I don't sleep with blondes. I've never slept with one, never laid one down".

Agree, but don't compare the other young guys in here to Nathan. It is not really fair to them.

Seems like a pretty nice guy in the interview, the bald interviewer is annoying. And the Homme said he like to use the wrong stuff for the wrong reasons. So there you have it. {edit} And man, does he put too much stock in what guitar to use or not to use.

tumblr_lrrfsurShL1qafrh6.gif

LOL, [thumbup]

Yeah, the whole strat thing is beyond stupid. After all, what would these guys know about anything:

Jimi Hendrix, Ritchie Blackmore, Buddy Guy, Yngwie Malmsteen, Dave Gilmour, Joe Walsh, Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, John Frusciante, The Edge, **** Dale, Rory Gallagher, Eric Johnson, Lowell George, Fast Eddie Clarke, Richard Thompson, Curtis Mayfield, George Harrison, Jeff Healey, Billy Corgan, Bonnie Raitt, Ry Cooder, etc..

I give up.

The fact that I love 'em is good enough for me.

I met Josh Homme...he is NOT a cool guy. He's a real c*ck... at least he was when I met him.

Good player with a bad attitude...

Mediocre player with a typical mediocre guitar players attitude if you ask me. The biggest pricks I've had the "pleasure" to encounter were the most half assed players in the world. Tracci Guns comes to mind. He was playing in one of the clubs we play at in Mentone ca. (not on the same night) to fewer people, I mean like 25 people were there. He didn't even acknowledge the crowd and left right out the door, even though there were a few girls that wanted a quick picture with him. He ran right past them without even looking at his fans. Could be why he only has 25 of them.

However, I met Kenny Gradney from Little Feat. He was the coolest dude on the planet, compared bass calluses with my brother, took a picture with us (that didn't come out), and and jsut chatted for about 15 minutes. That guys been in a successful band since the early 70's, played on countless albums, and actually deserves a little ego. The greatest are great for reasons beyond thier playing.

I met Josh Homme...he is NOT a cool guy. He's a real c*ck... at least he was when I met him.

Good player with a bad attitude...

I concur. I was his driver at a gig here in Adelaide. his sound guy or roadie or something complained the guitarist from Bullet For my Valentine had checked out his woman "making eyes' at her. he grabs the dude in a full head lock and drags him to his trailer to "beat the **** out of him" till he apologized. Now if youve met the dude he is one huge guy im 6'2 and look like a dwarf next to him. hes an ex quarterback or something he is huge. The Bullet dude was man handled to the point he actually went limp.

they came out 10 minutes later all joking but only cos my friend (a hot chick) got in his face and let loose on him calling him a pig and a bully. :unsure: dont mess with Aussie drunk girls.

Archived