Gibson Brands Forums

Are these real Gibson Les Paul Customs?

wootpow

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150384847008598&set=o.13630705093&type=1&ref=nf

[cursing] [cursing]

If anyone can give me a better description than they look off so I can go on there and say it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Someone just posted to check the serial# and compare to find out if it is real, saying they own a guitar shop and this can confirm.

Of corse, this is total BS. The Chinese fakes actually use real serial#'s copied from real American versions so that when someone tries to check, they come up real. (if you own a guitar shop, you should know that).

EDIT: They also can have forged papers, of corse.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150384847008598&set=o.13630705093&type=1&ref=nf

[cursing] [cursing]

If anyone can give me a better description than they look off so I can go on there and say it, it would be greatly appreciated.

They are, for sure, without a doubt, FAKE!

If anyone cared to do as suggested by youtube-ing "how to tell a fake Gibson" it would tell PLENTY to be able to spot.

Of corse, you could make a reference to check here if you wanted.

RE: looking off. The headstock shape, body shape, and rosewood fretbaord do not just "look" off, they ARE off. The headstock and tuner placement is incorrect, Customs do NOT have rosewood fretbaords...etc.

They are, for sure, without a doubt, FAKE!

If anyone cared to do as suggested by youtube-ing "how to tell a fake Gibson" it would tell PLENTY to be able to spot.

Of corse, you could make a reference to check here if you wanted.

RE: looking off. The headstock shape, body shape, and rosewood fretbaord do not just "look" off, they ARE off. The headstock and tuner placement is incorrect, Customs do NOT have rosewood fretbaords...etc.

Thanks, I just responded.

something about the binding looks off to me - I'll leave it at that in case one of the people building the fakes is watching for tips on how to improve his crap. :rolleyes:

I don't agree. Gibson doesn't either. Education is where it's at. In case you're unaware Gibson provides webpages of information on fakes and how to spot them.

Perhaps you would like to let Gibson know about the error of their ways - gibson@service.com . 1-800-444-2766 . [rolleyes]

Middle one has no pickguard mounted, the knobs seem strangely situated, and just looks unnatural overall...the epiphone is definitely misshapen, look at the left lower bit of the body...strange elliptical protrusion. As for the one on the left, I think the body doesn't look long enough. It looks too 'squat' if you will..also...maybe just my mind playing tricks on me but..knob positioning again..?

-Anotherguy

Archived