Gibson Brands Forums

Got suspended from AGF again ...

EuroAussie

Thought it was hilarious, I got suspened because I was an 'arse' - that was the word they used when I was informed directly.

And reason why ... Rainsong won 'AGF guitar of the year' 2011, and who happens to be the main sponsor of AGF, Rainsong.

Doesnt take half a brain to put the two together, so I questioned this in my rsponses .... and now Im an AGF 'arse'.

Thought it was hilarious, I got suspened because I was an 'arse'.

And reason why ... Rainsong won 'AGF guitar of the year' 2011, and who happens to be the main sponsor of AGF, Rainsong.

Doesnt take half a brain to put the two together, so I questioned this in my rsponses .... and now Im an AGF 'arse'.

LOL....EA, you have two strikes against you to begin with

NO, 1, you own a Gibson

NO, 2, you own a gibson

Never read the stuff about the Rainsong. And I ain't ever been closer to a Rainsong than maybe a blurb in the Elderly catalog or something so my opinion ain't worth diddly. Maybe the selection was a perk for a sponsor but then again for all I know it is the best guitar on the planet for the money. Don't matter either way as I ain't about to run out this afternoon trying to hunt one down.

I do think it is kinda ridiculous for AGF to get their panties in a wad over your questioning their selection. And it probably would have been better for them to show you how they made the selection and just how that guitar stacked up to any number of others out there in the same price range rather than exile you.

I have two points here.

To be honest I found it quite offensive and condescending to many educated AGF members that the owner would try to pull such an obvious stunt based on NO 1 sponsor favouritism ..... I mean, how obvious do you want to make it.

Secondly, a member just asked the question about criteria and the owner replied by providing an answer that said ' i compared it aginst everything i played this year and this one won it' - is that answering the question about criteria, I think not.

btw: even though i was meant to be suspended fot two days i was allowed back after an hour, maybe he realised he was a bit of an arse ... im watching this thread with interest, and hope others will see the blatant favouritism here and how flawed this selection is.

Never read the stuff about the Rainsong. And I ain't ever been closer to a Rainsong than maybe a blurb in the Elderly catalog or something so my opinion ain't worth diddly. Maybe the selection was a perk for a sponsor but then again for all I know it is the best guitar on the planet for the money. Don't matter either way as I ain't about to run out this afternoon trying to hunt one down.

I do think it is kinda ridiculous for AGF to get their panties in a wad over your questioning their selection. And it probably would have been better for them to show you how they made the selection and just how that guitar stacked up to any number of others out there in the same price range rather than exile you.

I have two points here.

To be honest I found it quite offensive and condescending to many educated AGF members that the owner would try to pull such an obvious stunt based on NO 1 sponsor favouritism ..... I mean, how obvious do you want to make it.

Secondly, a member just asked the question about criteria and the owner replied by providing an answer that said ' i compared it aginst everything i played this year and this one won it' - is that answering the question about criteria, I think not.

btw: even though i was meant to be suspended fot two days i was allowed back after an hour, maybe he realised he was a bit of an arse ... im watching this thread with interest, and hope others will see the blatant favouritism here and how flawed this selection is.

was your post removed ?

Gettin g kicked off the AGF is like getting kicked out a Burger King, not too much to miss.

Whow EA, , , you jive around.

Zipster - what Gibson does Alfred play ?

I could be wrong, but my intuition says J-45, , , or maybe one of those L-00's. . . .

Thought it was hilarious, I got suspened because I was an 'arse' - that was the word they used when I was informed directly.

I'm being very serious here. I've never even heard of Rainsong ?

I'll have to google the brand and find out. [confused]

UPDATE: couple hours ago I had a look at the thread where a number of other posters were questioning the motivation behind this decision. Watched a movie with the mrs, returned ..... and, the thread has disappeared.

I wonder who the arse is now .... JR, youre a loser !

UPDATE: couple hours ago I had a look at the thread where a number of other posters were questioning the motivation behind this decision. Watched a movie with the mrs, returned ..... and, the thread has disappeared.

I wonder who the arse is now .... JR, youre a loser !

Well, to date, the AGF has NEVER made a single mistake!!

I'm being very serious here. I've never even heard of Rainsong ?

I'll have to google the brand and find out. [confused]

Oh, carbon fibre.............Intersesting.I guess they have their niche place.Not my place at the moment.

I wonder how they sound as they age? [rolleyes]

Is this a conspiracy to put Luthiers out of work? [cursing]

From the reviews I've just read they seem to be a very well made instrument with a specific purpose that

suit a particular requirement. I enjoy all aspects and characteristics of a wood instrument ,so I'll pass.

They sound to tinny and un-imaginative to my ears.

From the reviews I've just read they seem to be a very well made instrument with a specific purpose that suit a particular requirement. I enjoy all aspects and characteristics of a wood instrument ,so I'll pass.

That about sums up where I'm at as well. Some folks think very highly of Rainsong instruments, and that's great if it works for them. Personally, since we are fortunate enough to have a choice, I want as much wood as possible in my guitar. I'm sure I've passed on some wonderful instruments because of Micarta/Richlite boards & bridges, HPL, etc, but the connection to natural wood provides some of the enjoyment I derive from this pastime. Ymmv, and that's okay, too.

Become a luthier, any luthier ... pay a bucketload of money to JR to become chief sponsor and I guarantee your guitar will win in 2012 !

I've played two at Guitar Center....the really don't sound that good....how on earth did they get "Guitar of the Year" on the AGF?????? That must frost the tuning knobs of the guys who have $20K tied up in Kevin Ryan and Linda Manzer guitars.....lol

Become a luthier, any luthier ... pay a bucketload of money to JR to become chief sponsor and I guarantee your guitar will win in 2012 !

Well that's a bit strong - as I recall last year they gave the award to a Loar.

Oh, wait a minute....... No, can't be, surely not another one of their sponsors???? [sneaky][sneaky][sneaky][sneaky]

Just a coincidence, surely? ](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)

Archived