Gibson Brands Forums

New Gibson.com

FennRx

Hey Guys,

I wanted to say that I think the new Gibbie layout is pretty cool. But I do have a few questions.

1) Has the SG Std. been changed to look more like a SG Special? Or is that a mistake?

2) Is there still a spot on the page for discontinued models? I'm wondering if the LP Std. Faded are no longer being made.

Thanks.

I also like the layout of the new GibsonUSA website. If anything, I only wish there were even more photos and close-ups of the various guitars and their various finishes although this is a big step up from what has been available up to now. I hope this is what some of the other sites will start looking like as well. The ES micro-site is getting close (and I love its backgrounds as they are now!), but it would be cool to have more comparable photos of the guitars in various finishes as are offered in the new GibsonUSA site.

Great work!

Ignatius

I really like the new web site too. Especially the Tone Tips section. I actually made that suggestion on a Gibson survey. Can I take credit? Ha ha

The only suggestion I would add to this new site would be some kind of Home button, to get back to the other pages from the Forums.

Does anyone remember that you use to be able to make a custom LP on line with any color' date='pickups.bindings etc It was alot of fun. Probably

a pain to update. [/quote']

I was just gonna ask if they still had that...

I just wanted to go on record as saying I really like the new forum board. It's almost become my new home.

I find myself visiting it several times a day. I am constantly learning new things here from other users postings.

"Normal" people see a guitar as just wood and strings. I think "we" know they are much, much more.

Thanks again to all the administrators, and users who make the forum what it is. Comfortable.

=D> =D> =D>

I find the new site neat, but hard to navigate. And content updates to me have either come off as weird or really slow. and why are there so many fender shots in the news stories... I know you can get a picture of just about anyone with a gibson. even big name strat guys have been on PBS with gibson les paul jrs lately...

Archived