Gibson Brands Forums

Color

Trick

Hello to all,I did the search on my Les Paul, but, I still would like to know how many were made in the color I have.

Nice guitar.. Good luck finding out.. Gibson are very tight lipped about such numbers though unless its a limited run which they should be able to tell you (or someone else on here may have one and may know?)

What model is it? A 2008 Standard? or a Traditional? (chicago blue by the looks of it?)

It looks Trans-Blue, like mine and Willy's.

What does it matter about the model? He want's to know how many were made? No matter what the model, that answer is nowhere to be found.

It looks Trans-Blue, like mine and Willy's.

What does it matter about the model? He want's to know how many were made? No matter what the model, that answer is nowhere to be found.

Well if its a Traditional or a Standard rather than something that may have been a limited edition I was going to say that those guitars are still in production and yes theres still no way to tell, but if it is a Ltd Edt then the numbers will be under 1000 where as if not it will be well over the 1000s...

Am I not allowed to ask him what model it is or something..?? [flapper]

Where did you get this information? :-k

Only from my experience in what I have read an seen over the years.. Sometimes Gibson to have nubers up on the site likethe new Paul Kossoff guitar it says

!Custom Shop craftsmen meticulously hand-age the finish and hardware of 100 guitars to accurately reflect the condition of Kossoffs existing Les Paul, while these elements are given a gently aged patina through Gibsons VOS process on 250 further examples"

Also this one

Ace Frehley “Budokan” Les Paul Custom, produced in a strictly Limited Edition of 50 hand-aged guitars signed by the artist, with a further 100 hand-aged guitars, and 150 guitars treated in Gibson Custom’s VOS process

On the original run of BFGs they released 200 of each colour were made (and signed by Les Paul)..

Occasionally you do get numbers.. and im only assuming after that, that guitars that remian in production for several years will have several thousand of them worldwide.

So yes its very rough guessing but i dont think is an unreasonable thing to say.. How many do you think get made?

So yes its very rough guessing but i dont think is an unreasonable thing to say.. How many do you think get made?

Quite unreasonable.

They make as many as they can sell.

And that's not what I think, it's what I know.

These are Epiphone guitars BTW. All the experience you list for your reasoning is with Gibson guitars.

They do not do things the same way.

Quite unreasonable.

These are Epiphone guitars BTW. All the experience you list for your reasoning is with Gibson guitars.

Rabs is one of the good ones from the Gibson side and is only trying to help so stop being an ***. <_<

Quite unreasonable.

Yeah they do occasionally..

Epiphone Lifetime Warranty

As with all Epiphones, the Ltd. Edition Ace Frehley "Budokan" comes with our Limited Lifetime Guarantee and Gibson's 24/7/365 customer service. There is no other rock and roll guitar like the "Budokan" and only 1,000 guitars will be produced. Get yours today!

Rabs is one of the good ones from the Gibson side and is only trying to help so stop being an ***. <_<

Cheers :)

But hey listen we can all have our own opinions... he can think what he wants and I can too.. its all good :) but he probably right in the fact that Epiphone does mass produce more.. but still a Limited Edition is called that for a reason which is why i asked what model he had (and hes right that I didnt realise it was an epiphone at fist cos I was only looking at the bodies [blush] )(I clicked the link from the front page and didnt realise it was the epi forum, a trip to the dark side :P)

There is no other rock and roll guitar like the "Budokan" and only 1,000 guitars will be produced. Get yours today!

Yep ... just like the Bonamassa GT Studio ... which is now, I believe, in it's THIRD Limited Edition run of 1000! If it sells big ... they'll make more of them!

Oh ... here's number 4 of the trans-blue run:

Sany0034.jpg

Jim

Yep ... just like the Bonamassa GT Studio ... which is now, I believe, in it's THIRD Limited Edition run of 1000! If it sells big ... they'll make more of them!

Oh ... here's number 4 of the trans-blue run:

Jim

Yes lol there is that too.. Gibson did that on the so called Ltd Edt Flood Swirl Studios and man did that Pee people off..

But I still stand by what I said in that the limited runs are usually about 1000 or on the high end Gibsons more like 250 (ish)

And the fact that you seem to know about a third run means the info is sometimes out there.. but mostly not...

What model is it? A 2008 Standard? or a Traditional? (chicago blue by the looks of it?)

It is an '02 Limited Edition.It has the Epiphone and Gibson name on it,I talked to the guy at Guitar Center and he said it should not have the Gibson nut cover on it,it should be blank. The only thing that has been replaced is the carbon nut. I broke my hand and can not play anymore and trying to find out as much as I can on it.

Epiphone limited runs will pass the 1000 mark on certain models that are made to represent a specific year, like the Paul McCartney 1964 Texan. There were 1964 of them. But typically, yes, limited runs are 1000 or less.

It is an '02 Limited Edition.It has the Epiphone and Gibson name on it,I talked to the guy at Guitar Center and he said it should not have the Gibson nut cover on it,it should be blank. The only thing that has been replaced is the carbon nut. I broke my hand and can not play anymore and trying to find out as much as I can on it.

I thought that the "Gibson" truss rod covers ran into the early 2000's. Either way, the truss cover on any Epiphone older than 1988 will never be blank. That is a Gibson characteristic. Epiphone usually has the model name or an "E" on the truss cover. If its a sig model, it will usually have the name of the endorsee.

Archived