Gibson Brands Forums

ok...this is addicting......

Fungus

Ok...I have had a bit of drama related to the Cherry DOT I have on order with GC. It ends up nicely, so hold on for the ride.....

I went to GC a couple of weeks ago and wanted to buy a left handed Epiphone DOT. Little did I know at that time how few lefty guitars GC had in stock. I had the sales guy place the order. I did not know when I left the store, that the DOT was on back order. The sales guy never mentioned it. I got the email 5 minutes later on my phone as I was driving away. Now...I told the GC guy that I was going to be moving, and might need to change the ship to address. He said no problem. Well today I went in and wanted to have them change it. I left the store with them still struggling. I called Customer Service and was placed on hold, then cut off. I call back. I get someone else, and ask for a manager. I explain my situation...guys at the store were told thery couldn't change address without cancelling my order, and re-doing it. I say hell no! A) I don't want to get farther down the wait list. and B) It is rumored that Epiphone is going to stop making the DOT. Mine could very well be one of the last ones made.

I call back a couple more times to complain about the way this whole order has been handled, and moan a bit about how much of my time and cell phone bill this has cost me. The Manager I was talking to said let me see what I can do. He asked if I would be happy if they gave me a case for my DOT. I reply heck Yes!

It has been ugly, but I will say GC has come though and did a really good job of sweetening thing sup as the situation started to go south.....I can hardly wait to get the new Cherry DOT in a few more weeks. Nice to get the case for free....well sort of.....

Yep, that's a definite advantage of being attracted to Epiphone guitars.. it's easier for folks to own numerous Epiphones than to own just 2 of some other brands.

I think only about 2 weeks had passed before I bought my second one (both lefty G-310 SG models), and have since added several more project carcasses.

Bill

Ok tomorrow is going to be HNGD for me. I'm meeting a guy to pick up a left handed DOT. I'm really excited as I've heard they are going to stop making this model.

pics to come.....

2012-03-01_19-10-51_33.jpg

2012-03-01_19-08-31_281.jpg

2012-03-01_19-09-40_857.jpg

Ok....met this guy yesterday and bought the guitar from him. It is in pretty good shape...there's some marks on the back if you look closely from rubbing against something....belt, pants, ???...it's really hard to see unless you are right up on it.

It's a lefty DOT-vs........vintage sunburst finish and man it sounds as good as I thought it would! It was well worth the 3 hour one way drive to go get it. I can hardly wait for the Cherry DOT I ordered to ship now!

Well, I can tell you after playing this thing last night, that I can hardly wait for my Cherry DOT to get shipped. I was looking yesterday and Epiphone has them listed as discontinued.....I hope I am one of the lucky son of a guns to get one of the last made. I am not sure how far down on the back order waiting list I am with GC. Tentative ship date of 3/16/2012.....

Thanks! I am truly looking forward to many hours of playing with these DOTs! I could not believe the tone. I was playing through my unmodded epiphone jr. combo. Low volumes due to the hum issue I haven't yet fixed. That'll happen as soon as I get back to Ohio. I'm moving back week after next for work. It will be good to be back home. I have been out here in Seattle for a couple of years now.

I will miss the mountains, but not the rain......LOL

Archived