Gibson Brands Forums

Wrote a Tune Yesterday for my Granddaughter

Scratch47

Her grandma and I raised her for the first seven years of her life. We and our daughter have been in a custody battle with her biological dad who now seems to want full custody although he had little interest in her life for more than eight years. It's tough and expensive, but we're persevering and so is Maddie.

She's one special girl, indeed. Sure appreciate the kind comments, fellas... :rolleyes:

Lovely, lovely song here, Ken-- a starry Texas night, indeed. Seen it often myself, and it's no doubt well-improved with the moon you hung for your grand-baby.

Thanks for sharing this--a treat.

Just got back from a two day retreat with 'grandma' and 'Maddie' at Canyon of the Eagles at Lake Buchanan, TX. We had a great time hiking, swimming and spent one evening checking out the universe at a small observatory. Jupiter and Venus were shining bright in the southern sky with Mars visible in the north. The cabin setting was perfect to sing 'Maddie's Moon' under the stars. She loved it and the get-away was a real memorable event in our lives...

What nice comments to come home to from you great folks. :rolleyes: Thank you!

Archived