Gibson Brands Forums

Dot mods complete

Trewblue

Trewblue,

You are now about to become a neck pickup junkie.

I can't think of any pickup that has the rounded tone of a P-90 in the neck position.

For me it is an addiction.

Congrats!

Willy

I know what you mean. I have the same set in an SG and the neck pu gets most of the playing. Never had a Semi Hollow with 90's. Looking forward to giving it a good work-out.

Trewblue,

You are now about to become a neck pickup junkie.

I can't think of any pickup that has the rounded tone of a P-90 in the neck position.

For me it is an addiction.

Congrats!

Willy

Willy nailed it. I didn't realize you just posted this; I just stuck some p-94s in my sherri and it's now a different guitar. Great choice!

-Cal

I currently have a set of these in my shopping cart at GFS for my Dot, but I keep waffling between the Dream 90's, Dream 190's and the liverpools. Any advice on how you decided on these pups? I generally like a clean sound with a little reverb (Chuck Berry). I gotta decide fairly soon as my jack is about shot.

I currently have a set of these in my shopping cart at GFS for my Dot, but I keep waffling between the Dream 90's, Dream 190's and the liverpools. Any advice on how you decided on these pups? I generally like a clean sound with a little reverb (Chuck Berry). I gotta decide fairly soon as my jack is about shot.

I had put a set of the Dream 90's in my SG and it really sounded good. so I figured how could I go wrong...especially in a semi hollow. Glad I did. The only thing I wound up doing was dropping both pu's pretty low. Now it sounds fine.

I had put a set of the Dream 90's in my SG and it really sounded good. so I figured how could I go wrong...especially in a semi hollow. Glad I did. The only thing I wound up doing was dropping both pu's pretty low. Now it sounds fine.

Mucho Gracias! One more ?? Did you get the pup rings at GFS?

Schweeet looking axe BTW!

Nice mod! Thank you, BTW you have given me the confidence to go ahead with my current mod.

Initially I was going to GFS Pro Series Alnico IIs into my 339 but I guessed I screwed up the order cause I didn't the four wire lead that I thought I was getting. #-o[blush] No coil splitting.

Your post about putting a P-90 type PU into a semi hollow lets me know that the SD P-rails I just got are going to work out nicely. I also ordered the SD rings with switching capilities. These allow this PU to be used as a single coil, a rail or a humbucker.

Your guitar looks like it was made for those pickups! Way to go! [thumbup]

Nice mod! Thank you, BTW you have given me the confidence to go ahead with my current mod.

Initially I was going to GFS Pro Series Alnico IIs into my 339 but I guessed I screwed up the order cause I didn't the four wire lead that I thought I was getting. #-o[blush] No coil splitting.

Your post about putting a P-90 type PU into a semi hollow lets me know that the SD P-rails I just got are going to work out nicely. I also ordered the SD rings with switching capilities. These allow this PU to be used as a single coil, a rail or a humbucker.

Your guitar looks like it was made for those pickups! Way to go! [thumbup]

Thanks...good luck with your mod. your gonna love the way they sound!

Archived