Gibson Brands Forums

hey, FenderGuy1...try this...

S t e v e

Classic tune. I can only play the main riff. Ive heard that the solo even though its fast isnt too hard because its very simple fingering but I still have my doubtsas to whether that is in fact accurate

and check out the guys pinky! [scared]

You don't even have to say it, it's longer than my index finger... couple that with his classical styled fret hand positioning and you have runs that are awful hard to replicate. That doesn't include the string skipping stuff that he does with ease, it's not fair I say. [biggrin]

You don't even have to say it, it's longer than my index finger... couple that with his classical styled fret hand positioning and you have runs that are awful hard to replicate. That doesn't include the string skipping stuff that he does with ease, it's not fair I say. [biggrin]

Not to mention he puts his sense of humor and goofiness into his playing!

... @ shred, and steve, that looks way to fast for me, i am only a hendrix esque dude, but am starting a deathcore band that covers Hendrix but really fastly

All good man! Keep practicing and play what you wanna play man. The fact that you're playing is good enough for me!! Have FUN with it!

... @ shred, and steve, that looks way to fast for me, i am only a hendrix esque dude, but am starting a deathcore band that covers Hendrix but really fastly

deathcore hendrix? I want to hear some of this stuff. Also whats the name of your band?

Is there anyone on this forum who's natural playing style is like gilbert?

Does anyone else think that PG's tone was better when he played thru the Laney amps? Maybe its the single coils (semi single coils is more like it) I don't like about his tone nowadays. The thing with him that amazes me is how he always plays dry (by "dry" I mean no reverb or delay) compared to most shredders (Vai's guitar tone is wetter than Aquaman!). I like playing dry most of the time too. Although a sprinkle of verb' is nice every now and then. Delay kind of gets in the way.

Archived