Gibson Brands Forums

China Free

brannon67

I choose my guitars like I choose my friends...if they're good, they're good.

I don't obsess over where they came from or where they've been in between...

I don't begrudge anyone trying to make a living anywhere either...wherever they live.

Life is too short...

1332102089[/url]' post='1153566']

Matt....you are also fortunate to live in England where there are MANY great luthiers plying their trade in greater Britain.....It would not be hard to "buy England" if you wanted....

And indeed I do...

I have three classicals, a gypsy jazzer and a steel strung folk guitar all made by luthiers from mery ole England.

As I write I am also excitedly waiting on a hand made Les Paul being built by a lovely guy who posts on the my les Paul forums. So 6 out of the 21 children six of them will be British. The rest are Japanese, American, Spanish, Mexican, Chinese and Indonesian - so like the lady above says, a variety of guitars chosen like I also chose my friends too. I care what they play like. I am not botheed where they are from or what they look like...

Matt

And indeed I do...

I have three classicals, a gypsy jazzer and a steel strung folk guitar all made by luthiers from mery ole England.

As I write I am also excitedly waiting on a hand made Les Paul being built by a lovely guy who posts on the my les Paul forums. So 6 out of the 21 children six of them will be British. The rest are Japanese, American, Spanish, Mexican, Chinese and Indonesian - so like the lady above says, a variety of guitars chosen like I also chose my friends too. I care what they play like. I am not botheed where they are from or what they look like...

Matt

The British ones might gang up on the rest of them when you're out though, ever think about that?

The British ones might gang up on the rest of them when you're out though, ever think about that?

LOL,

They argue amongst themselves enough! In our house, it is a long running joke (with my wife and me) that Rik and Tony, my two classicals just don't get on. They are always offering 'caty' put downs. They can be about the specs of the other, why one was chosen to do a concert and not another etc

I know it sounds bonkers

BTW, Tony was made in Holmirth, Yorkshire!

Matt

Haha! I hope mine aren't like that - the Gibbys attacking the Martin or anything. They're all hanging on the wall next to each other so it could get a bit intense...

Holmfirth? I bet Rik calls him a right tight northern ba***rd [flapper]

Archived