Gibson Brands Forums

Two movies I really wanna see this year

Rabs

First is Prometheus.. Its a Ridley Scott film and is sort of a prequal to Alien, I dont think the Aliens we are used to are in it, but theres certainly nods to it and its in the same universe as such..

And then theres the Avengers.. Kinda geeky I know but man it looks like they have thrown everything into this one :)

with those, The Hobbit, new Spiderman and Batman its certainy a good year for the sci-fi/fantasy geeks :P

Im waiting for my neighbor to get his free copy of 'The Watermen' he plays a small part as a bad guy that is using body parts for bait and gets his head chopped off by one of the chicks w/ a shovel..they paid him $200 and gave him and a friend free food and drinks lol.Hes not an actor,he got picked cuz hes a lil ruff around the edges,got the look of someone that would put body parts into a crab pot lol..but the footage is from our area,,poqouson,gloucester,yorktown as are the workboats and such.The trailer looks good but i didnt post it due to a F bomb at the end of the trailer.

It might turn-out to be a bomb, but that Three Stooges movie don't look half bad. They look like them, and the mannerisms looked very familiar. I'd love to see a good movie of them. Also, like to see a real movie about their lives. I've read a great deal about them and their story is a very family-oriented tale. They were all very close, and took care of each other. Same goes for Laurel & Hardy. Seems Stan and Ollie knew Larry, Moe, and Curly fairly well. In the late 30's, The Stooges were making something like 500 per week for all three of them. Really pretty good money for that period, and especially during The Depression. But, Stan and Ollie were making nearly 1500 per week (each). Stan, who Ollie always said was the brains of the outfit, told Moe that the studios were making a huge amount of money off The Stooges. Stan told them how he and Ollie dealt with the studios. The Stooges then started getting considerably more money............Anyways, it looks promising. Maybe at least some genunine laughs.

I'll be watching The Avengers this year as well, I just hope it's well done and not a mess. Another one I'll be watching will be the upcoming Batman movie. And lastly this one..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4IoUo_ZJkY

[biggrin] [biggrin]

The lady and I both wanna see that. I remember watching the old episodes with my grandpa as a child.

I'll be watching The Avengers this year as well, I just hope it's well done and not a mess. Another one I'll be watching will be the upcoming Batman movie. And lastly this one..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4IoUo_ZJkY

[biggrin] [biggrin]

+1 April 13, be there or be 'Stooged and Confoosed'

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

I can't wait to see how the boys deal with today's technology.

It is too bad they left out Shemp.

I recorded "The Three Stooges" bio flick back in about 2000, the one with Michael Chiklis as Curly. I cherish the VHS I have of it. I play it once in a while.... maybe tonight.

I can add this to the list now :)

I hope it's a good film, but i'm not getting as excited as i should. I think that the magic of his work lies in his razor sharp wit, and the foolishness of his opponent. I remember first seen him on the 11 o'clock show, that was pure genius. [thumbup]

I was watching some old 11o'clock show, and here's a clip of ricky gervais, sorry i had to share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfzAZTiZTSU&feature=related

I hope it's a good film, but i'm not getting as excited as i should. I think that the magic of his work lies in his razor sharp wit, and the foolishness of his opponent. I remember first seen him on the 11 o'clock show, that was pure genius. [thumbup]

I was watching some old 11o'clock show, and here's a clip of ricky gervais, sorry i had to share

hahaha thanks for the share :)

Actually this trailer for The Dictator gives you a totally different view of the film.. I think it looks really good

http://dai.ly/HgN3XC

Archived