Gibson Brands Forums

Should those Teles be allowed to run free on the forum?

Thundergod

Weird question - we apparently must have religion, politics and other stuff, and not click on the thread if we don't like it (quite how we are supposed to know, without clicking on it, is not explained)..... but whether or not to talk about a guitar which is not a Gibson is up for debate as to if 'we' (whover we are) should 'allow' it - though since this is not 'our' forum, it actually isn't up to us at all.....

.Weird question - we apparently must have religion' date=' politics and other stuff, and not click on the thread if we don't like it (quite how we are supposed to know, without clicking on it, is not explained)..... [/quote']

Just read the subject. As long as the person who started the thread didn't give it a title like "Hmmm..." or "Question" or "What do you think?" or something else equally ambiguous, it should give you a good indication of what the thread is about. After you know what it's about, whether by reading the subject or the first bit of the message, all you have to do after that is ignore the thread.

Heya, it's all good !

i'm a music lover, GUITAR music especially, regardless what type of guitars are used to make the music ;-)

www.tdpri.com is THE Tele forum for those that wanna.....

www.lespaulforum.com for those that wanna....

i'm a member of both, same user name too.....

it's all good !

The 52 Telecaster (Broadcaster) is simply one of the best sounding guitars ever made. I prefer my LP Standard but, one can't deny the promenance of some of the Fenders. To exclude any brand would be to diminish them all. The Gibson LP Standard wouldn't be what it is today if it weren't in direct competition with the Fenders. So one could say, "Fender is to be partially credited with the creation of the LP".

Here ya go.

Not the best pics, but you get the idea.

The "Tele" is super heavy for the body style. The top is a 1 inch slab of walnut, lamiated onto a 3/4" maple back. The neck is a Stuart Spector Design. The pickups are Vintage Vibes, and the bridge is Fender. I scrimped on nothing. Just the cap cost me twelve bucks, and I have a better playing guitar than any real Tele I ever played.

mvc-018f.jpg

guitars2004.jpg

Here's ya go.

Not the best pics' date=' but you get the idea.

The "Tele" is super heavy for the body style. The top is a 1 inch slab of walnut, lamiated onto a 3/4" maple back. The neck is a Stuart Spector Design. The pickups are Vintage Vibes, and the bridge is Fender. I scrimped on nothing. Just the cap cost me twelve bucks, and I have a better playing guitar than any real Tele I ever played.

[img']http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g60/combipanda/mvc-018f.jpg[/img]

Very sweet! It looks kind of like the George Harrison rosewood Tele.

rose3.jpg

Very sweet! It looks kind of like the George Harrison rosewood Tele.

rose3.jpg

You know, you're right. That was not my intention though.

Just checked out your page. Nice stuff there Rich. Those Reverends are a gas.

Archived