Gibson Brands Forums

My Gibsons have made me claustrophobic?

Vega1

Every time I pick up a different guitar, the guitar seems to tell me what to play by how it sounds and feels. It is as if each instrument has a mind of its own and shares ideas with me through it's tone.

I may be a little crazy sounding but I'll bet others feel this from their different models also or they would only have one guitar. I also have to adjust a little from one make to the next but it is a minor adjustment. All guitars talk to us if we listen.

+1

Yhat's the reason why I have different guitars.

Each of them makes me play different and each has its own voice.

I don't know....I seem to play (all) my guitars, in various "moods,"

as much as for any particular "type" of music, that might be suited

more, for one or another. Example: I can play my Telecaster, for

weeks at a time, for all our songs. Other times, I use a Strat, or

a Gibson, Gretsch, Ric, Epi...whatever. Sometimes, I change around,

a LOT. Other times, hardly at all. So...??? [tongue][biggrin]

CB

As much as I love all my Gibson's...I'll never (willingly) sell my Strats, or Telecasters!

In fact, I took one of my Tele's, to our rehearsal, tonight. Sounded awesome, both "clean,"

and overdriven! [thumbup] There's good reason, and room, for both! I switch back and forth,

enough, between (several) brands, that knob placement, scale, and string spacing is not

what I'd call a problem, really...just a minor "adjustment," for me.

CB

+1

Less than half a cm difference is not what I'd call a problem either way, like I said. Especially being pracrically the same as the strings go up in my Strat. I like them both.

+1

Less than half a cm difference is not what I'd call a problem either way, like I said. Especially being pracrically the same as the strings go up in my Strat. I like them both.

It's a problem for me. That's why I sold all my Fender guitars. I like wide necks.

I also have the "volume control" problem with Strats. I think its a common problem for players who, like me, rest the heel of the hand on the back edge of the bridge a lot, That position tends to line the fingertips right up with the volume knob. If I'm using a Strat on the rare occision when I venture on stage nowadays, I have to wedge something ( a thick pick or a plastic washer ) underneath the volume knob. Otherwise I find myself getting quieter and quieter as a song progresses.

Archived