Gibson Brands Forums

Best Hardcase..any thoughts?

Dukebox

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased a 60's Tribute LP and it came with the pretty crappy Gibson soft gig bag. I've been trying to get a genuine Gibson USA hard case from ebay but keep missing out and also struggling to find a Gibson Gear case here in the UK that is in stock or over priced, so I've been thinking of an alternative type.

There are a few manufacturers out there and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on which might be the best option. I don't do gigs or anything, but I take the guitar to jam at variuos places.

Cheers for any advice.

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased a 60's Tribute LP and it came with the pretty crappy Gibson soft gig bag. I've been trying to get a genuine Gibson USA hard case from ebay but keep missing out and also struggling to find a Gibson Gear case here in the UK that is in stock or over priced, so I've been thinking of an alternative type.

There are a few manufacturers out there and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on which might be the best option. I don't do gigs or anything, but I take the guitar to jam at variuos places.

Cheers for any advice.

I would surgest an "Epiphone" case if you can get one as they where made to the same spec. (Shipment due in this month)

SDC11858.jpg

I do howeever use a unbranded case which "Curly's" of Liverpool where selling with a brand called "Rally"

A very snug fit thats for sure

SAM_0256.jpg

Hello Dukebox and welcome to the Forums! My 50's Tribute came with that useless chinese gigbag too. Then I bought a Rockcase by Warwick, because I thought 150 EUR is too much for an original Gibson hardshell case. The Warwick case is not a bad one for it's price, but I am about to purchase an original snakeskin case. I have a good reason for that: cheap cases (usually) only hold the neck at one point, while Gibson's holds at two. The worst thing of it all that the Warwick case doesn't even touches the back of the guitar. Now I feel that the price difference is justified. Of course there are many others on the market, I just wanted to point Your attention towards important (technical) details to look for. Cheers... Bence

Thanks for the welcome Bence and for the advice. I had not considered how the different cases might actually support the guitar and it makes sense that this is quite important. Maybe I should just hang in there for a genuine Gibson case. You get what you pay for I guess and the cheaper options are not always the best.

Looks like I am answereing my own question now!

But keep the advice coming folks.....

Thanks for the welcome Bence and for the advice. I had not considered how the different cases might actually support the guitar and it makes sense that this is quite important. Maybe I should just hang in there for a genuine Gibson case. You get what you pay for I guess and the cheaper options are not always the best.

Looks like I am answereing my own question now!

But keep the advice coming folks.....

You are welcome! It's only my opinion, but I will stick with the original. Although there are many other options, and maybe others have bigger experience...anyways whatever You will choose the key points to look for are:

LPcase.jpg

Cheers... Bence

I would also stick with the original case. The old brown one with purple liner inside (looks like a coffin, I know...) is the best one I think.

I found a used one 2 years ago on the Internet.

Nicolas

I would also stick with the original case. The old brown one with purple liner inside (looks like a coffin, I know...) is the best one I think.

I found a used one 2 years ago on the Internet.

Nicolas

This is the case I prefer actually, the vintage looking brown one. I bid on one last night but got pipped to the post at the last second! But I will keep looking around and see what I can find.

But it definately looks like an original case is the way to go.

Thanks

I've been trying to get a genuine Gibson USA hard case from ebay but keep missing out and also struggling to find a Gibson Gear case here in the UK that is in stock or over priced, so I've been thinking of an alternative type. ....

The Gibson cases are made by TKL very good. Thomann carries the Gibson Gear branded case for EUR155.00/GBP126.50 - http://www.thomann.de/gb/gibson_les_paul_case.htm

you can always get the TKL case (without the Gibson brand) same as the gibson ones but slightly cheaper, i've had one for my double cut for years no problem there.

if you want a cheap one stagg also make some nice budget LP cases.

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd update this thread and let you all know I managed to get an original Gibson USA hard case the other day off ebay. It has the white lining and the two neck supports that has been mentioned on here before. It is not the brown one that I preferred, but at least I got one at last. Juat waiting for the postman now :-)

Thanks for all the helpful info.

Archived