Gibson Brands Forums

Sheryl Crow nut width question

Snapper Jones

Hahaha, hooker heels, too far the other way.... But I'll give you a fiver if you dance for me in them! ;)

I suppose I better offer some background here, to stop me looking like a raging perv, my old dear used to run a womens fashion/footwear place with a lot of the boutique stuff so I've spent some time in that realm before, shows etc.... summer stock-room jobs means I know the difference between killers, courts, sling-backs, pumps and wedges..... and an alarming amount of designers names ;)

I should really be posting this in a Taylor forum, shouldn't I......

MetroMan

Hahaha, hooker heels, too far the other way.... But I'll give you a fiver if you dance for me in them! ;)

I suppose I better offer some background here, to stop me looking like a raging perv, my old dear used to run a womens fashion/footwear place with a lot of the boutique stuff so I've spent some time in that realm before, shows etc.... summer stock-room jobs means I know the difference between killers, courts, sling-backs, pumps and wedges..... and an alarming amount of designers names ;)

I should really be posting this in a Taylor forum, shouldn't I......

MetroMan

dont believe a word of that

perv

:-P

To give perspective on how small Sheryl Crow looks playing a Southern Jumbo. There's those heels again, and great legs. Puts on a good show.

Brilliant stage-shot Duluth – I still love the sophisticated simplicity of the matt black gear landscape. Here a golden drum-kit and what seems to be a B-3 organ completes scene, , , and of course those half-hidden honky shoes below the good southern burst.

Are you guys nuts? Those are great shoes!!!! [thumbup]

Trust a woman to know the answer........

And yes, we guys are nutz. But you knew that.

Now back to the original question. The difference between 1 11/16" and 1 23/32" is so small that it is easily missed, and makes no functional difference in the way the guitar plays. I've got Gibsons with 1 9/16", 1 11/16", 1 23/32", and 1 3/4" nut widths. I play all of them equally clumsily, and have little trouble adapting to each of them.

Most worthless thread EVER!!!

Okay Silver, then you should have seen some of my former threads that didn't fly hehe.

I agree with EA – music and shoes are closely related. F.x. I had to prohibit sandals in my band after seeing the bass player in a pair of outrageous high-wired jesus-footwear during a session in the late 80's. Yes, it was a hot summer day, but it became obvious to me that too many sandals in a rock-organism make people relax to a degree that is unhealthy for the music. 4-6 or 8 naked feet half covered in straps of leather simply drains cool.

Btw. footwear isn't new to the Board. Remember GG goin' into an exchange about the yellow shoes of an oriental children-choir last year, , , , and then of course there is my personal favorite. Danvils 1967 golden boots, Chelsea style. . .

My '08's -

.........................................................Boots.jpg

.......................................................................................................................................Boot-heels waiting to be wandering. . . . .

Archived