Gibson Brands Forums

Banner Gibson CD Project

jt

WWII Gibson incoming! Generous folks around the world are shipping their WWII Gibson flattop guitars to me for next week's recording session. Our own RAR (thanks, Bob!) lent me his very cool J-45 with firestripe pickguard.

By Monday, i'll have an even dozen. I'm certainly not worthy, but I am grateful! I've now got 7.

543492_10150721452656875_72377566874_9484800_1313412684_n.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a great recording studio!

You may need some old cushions and rugs to give a more comfortable "Banner Era" feel for the guitar player/s?

BluesKing777.

I agree!

I don't think I could go to work for a good long while knowing all those beauties are at home just waiting to be played.

I scheduled the recording for a week when my students will be taking exams, so I won't have to go to office. Lucky me!.

That's not your SJ, John, since it's belly-down. Is it the rosewood one, then?

Mojo,

No, that's another mahogany SJ. I've now got 4 (!!!) banner SJs for the sessions: 3 mahogany and 1rosewood. I've got 14 Banner Gibsons in all for the sessions.

What are you using for guitar stands, John? Or just what are you doing to those beautiful instruments during photo shoots?!?

Mojo,

These wartime Gibsons are so light that they float to the ceiling.

(OK, the writer and another fellow held those two LGs in the foreground.)

Mojo,

These wartime Gibsons are so light that they float to the ceiling.

(OK, the writer and another fellow held those two LGs in the foreground.)

There I was hoping that they had mystical levitational properties. Now in my household, that would more than justify the 29K pricetag on the rosewood one!

I hope the writer and other fellow are suitably insured! What you omitted to say was that they were also floating under the guitars as they held them.

Thanks, JT.

I am really enjoying the updates you are writing and following the project!

I guess you are really, really tired by now, but the last instalment was a bit short.............

Thanks for the kind words, BK.

Guilty as charged! I've had something like 10 hours sleep over 3 days. Back in the studio tomorrow morning for a final, 10-hour marathon. ... Then, I'll sleep.

Well, a sad day is approaching. I'm gonna have to send these guitars back to their owners.

I've been humbled by the trust that folks have placed in me. This project has moved me in so many ways.

I've already sent 3 back with the fellow who brought them and visited the sessions. I've got 11 remaining:

575304_3292468583883_1032811086_32666345_601027069_n.jpg

Archived