Gibson Brands Forums

Talk Box

Deacon Blue

Hi all, I just picked up a Heil TALK BOX and am not really sure the best way to hook this thing up. I understand that it goes between the amp and speaker, but in a combo amp, what's the best way to do this. My speaker doesn't unplug from the amp but is conected with the little wire clips. Any help would be appreciated.

What amplifier do you have? In your amp follow the wires back from the speaker to the chassis and you will probably find it plugs in with a jack plug. Then you can unplug it there and plug your talk box in.

If you turn your talk box over and look at the base of it there should be a diagram printed on it showing two different ways of connecting it up.

I agree with you though . . . it is not as obvious as people might think how to connect it.

Arent you supposed to attach the end of the tube to a mic to help pick up the sound and then run that to a speaker?Doesnt that mean you really need two amps tp run it unless you have 2 inputs

I have a Peavey Classic 30. There is no jack from the speaker that I can unplug. The speaker leads go right into the bottom of the chassis and are clipped on tp the speaker.

Krock - Actually, the talk box goes between the amp and the main speaker. The tube is clipped to a microphone and the microphone picks up the sound from your mouth and amplifies it through the sound system. My dilema is connecting the talk box between the speaker and chassis.

There should be an extension speaker out jack on the back. You need an extension speaker cab. You'll run a speaker cable from the Extension Speaker jack on the back of your amp to the input of the Talk Box, then another speaker cable from the output to the speaker cab. It's the same way you'd do it with a head and cab.

I can't help you there.....There must be a HEIL forum..........Ask there..............

I went with two "Banshee 2" talk boxes...........Worth every penny for how they work............

All a talk box is, is a speaker without a cone really. So the output from your amp goes to that instead of your speaker. Then that sound goes up the tube and through the PA. The best way to set it up is another amp and an a/b box. A cheap amp would suffice as a clean sound suits the talk box.

I can't help you there.....There must be a HEIL forum..........Ask there..............

I went with two "Banshee 2" talk boxes...........Worth every penny for how they work............

Yep, same here.

Archived