Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Rack

duluthdan

Upon request from a few folks: Here are some images of the guitar rack I built, using mostly whatever I had on hand for materials - without scavenging I would imagine the cost to be well under $100. Hope you can get an idea of the measurements, I just kept a guitar case handy and did some outlines with my pencil. This room was the victim of a water leak - and all my instruments were off the floor because of this thing. Watch out for slivers. (Good thing I don't write instruction manuals for a living, eh?)

GuitarRack.jpg

Upon request from a few folks: Here are some images of the guitar rack I built, using mostly whatever I had on hand for materials - without scavenging I would imagine the cost to be well under $100. Hope you can get an idea of the measurements, I just kept a guitar case handy and did some outlines with my pencil. This room was the victim of a water leak - and all my instruments were off the floor because of this thing. Watch out for slivers. (Good thing I don't write instruction manuals for a living, eh?)

GuitarRack.jpg

Very cool, thanks for sharing. I need one of these (maybe two?). I should probably build one for curved, and one for rectangular cases, or figure the best way to hold either.

On my phone right now and might've missed it, but what did you use for the ends, 3/4 plywood?

T-Bone , I used 3/4 inch MDF board to which I glued on some left over bead board - 3/4 inch anything will do (except I'd stay away from chipboard), just need a bit of support and stiffness - I went for function, not design, I suppose a good woodworker could make this presentable enough to be in any room of the house.

Archived