Gibson Brands Forums

Whats your fave Rap/Hip Hop tune then

Rabs

Sorry if there's too much, but you asked for rap, so I gave it to you.

Its all good :)

Id say be careful what you post though.. I wanted to post some NWA and Public Enemy but just found them too rude for this site ;)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it's rap. You can't censor a whole genre. Not everything is going to be butterflies, and not everything is going to smell like roses. People can suck it up. If they don't like rap, they don't have to click on the god damn thread.

There was also a song called You Don't Know Me by Armand Van Helden. It was removed from YT (the original, good, non remixed version) I have a copy, so I may consider re uploading.

I have a thing for having a list of silly rap songs that people always love. Sometimes I go through school and play them and get followed for nostalgia. Honestly, I'm nostalgic about a few of the songs I posted. Like Ay Bay Bay.

Also (and this may be pushing it for this forum) for any fans of Plan B check this tune he did with Chase and Status (who are a hardcore dance act).. It shows Plan B also plays guitar... I actually like this tune its pretty raw (and the video is excellent) :) (and I want to know what he did to desevre what happens in the video ;))

KISS worked (works) because that's exactly what they felt like doing. Even though it's makeup, costumes, glam, and false stage names, it's genuine because that's exactly what they felt like doing so they could do it to the hilt.

In a way, KISS is a testament to staying true to yourselves as artists. In fact they seemed phony in the 80's when they took off thier makeup and teased up their hair [thumbdn]

I've never cared for KISS music, but they sure know what they're doing. Questionable business practices aside. [unsure]

You're right on the money brotha!

I like KISS. Mostly just the original stuff, with an emphasis on the pre-Destroyer stuff, as that is real KISS, not what KISS became and what most people assume them to be. Real KISS to me is not Love Gun, it's Dressed To Kill. But all that stuff is welcome in my stereo.

I like some of the 80s stuff, like Creatures Of The Night and Lick It Up, cause' they're great records. Animalize was ok IMHO. The rest of the 80s stuff just blows IMHO.

Revenge is a great record, and the last good album they made. Bruce was awesome. When I think about Eric Carr's passing I get very emotional. He was a great drummer and a great guy and had so much goin' for him. What Gene and Paul did to him when he was dying was terrible. He should have been in a better band, or in Ace's band. Although the work he did with KISS was great and he and Bruce made the others sound better.

KISS has been phony since 1982. The whole thing got sick in 1978, when it literally overdid itself. The solo albums were a bad idea (they're a bad idea for any band.), but I like 3 of the 4, and one of em' I love (which is Ace's). The cancer spread between then and 1980, and when they did The Elder, they dropped dead. When they did Creatures, it was great. But it is not KISS. It's a different band with the same name. Even the reunion tour and the following tours they did with all original members ain't real KISS. The mystique is gone and it has been for decades. Eddie Trunk would agree. They should have called it quits a LONG time ago. Not to mention the business and the marketing crap make me very embarrassed to be a KISS fan. I mean, every band has merchandise. I will willingly do with the comics and the pinball machine, as they were sorta cool and unique, but the dolls, lunch boxes, makeup kits, coffins, condoms, and all that stuff are just unnecessary for a rock and roll band. And I can't leave out the crap that came with the packaging of some of their albums: the stickers with Rock And Roll Over, the tattoos with Alive II, and the biggest joke of them all, the plastic toy gun that came with Love Gun. A 10 year old KISS fan that walks around elementary school singin' "You pulled the trigger on my.....LOVE GUUUUUN!!!!" That's a misconception we can all laugh about. And everyone in the band (yes, even Mr. Stanley) was against this stuff except for Gene. Go Figure.

Now, Ace is another story. I dig every one of his solo releases, and he keeps it real. Doesn't try to reinvent the past. I'd easily go see him again. Think about it, KISS at a huge arena with expensive tickets and a long drive, or Ace at a theater or club with considerably less expensive tickets and a short commute. No contest. And I could do without Paul's voice giving in and the little toddlers that really shouldn't be there. At Ace's show I may have to deal with more drunks, but that would make it no different from any of my shows. No contest. And I'd love to go see Bruce Kulick live. He's doing pretty well for himself. Probably the most skilled guitar player KISS had. Ace is the best, cause' he is Ace and he helped make the band great, but Bruce is the better one, skill wise.

Some bands ain't made to last forever, physically (The Beatles are in our hearts forever, but as a band, they didn't last forever, for example). They aren't like Rush. They can't change drastically every few albums and be accepted by their fans. Rush always made it through. They have multiple colors. KISS had one color, and that color wasn't made to illuminate forever. You take Rush seriously, KISS you don't. That's what made it great. And now it's gone.

Sheesh, I'm starting to sound like Eddie Trunk. I should go on That Metal Show and rant!

Now I'm starting to sound like FenderGuy1. Sorry FenderGuy1, it's a friendly joke. No one should take my jokes seriously.

S

Sheesh, I'm starting to sound like Eddie Trunk. I should go on That Metal Show and rant!

Now I'm starting to sound like FenderGuy1. Sorry FenderGuy1, it's a friendly joke. No one should take my jokes seriously.

S

Firstmeasure... Did you have to start him off again :P :)

Firstmeasure... Did you have to start him off again :P :)

Yeah, he did!

Sometimes I just have to vent about this stuff as a pissed off KISS fan........

I ain't in the KISS Army, but I'm still a Rock Soldier! (that's an Ace song.....).

And a Rushian for life!

And an Eruptionite for life! (VH!)

And a member of my fictional "Lynch Mob"[tongue]

I better stop now.....

And for those interested (and those who arnt just dont watch :P)

this is the latest Plan B track.. Hes having a right pop at the government and what happend in the riots in last summer.. I like it :)

^ Not bad...i'm not a huge fan of his lyrical flow overall but the beats he uses works for it. I'll listen to some more songs before I decide what I really think. Thanks for sharing! I don't know too many UK rappers.

No worries.. and yeah the UK rap style is certainly very different..

Try these.. this is Dizzee Rascal his music has been called Grime which is a whole other sub genre.. (dont be fooled by the intro ;))

and if you missed it heres a Plan B track from his first album... I think he was only like 18 when he recorded this.

Archived