Gibson Brands Forums

amp review

saturn

While researching a Blues Jr. I came across an interesting review on Harmony-Central. Scroll down to the review by Felix The Cat.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Fender/Blues%20Junior/10/1

Edit: the link is too big, so I just pasted it below.

Product: Fender Blues Junior

Price Paid: UNKNOWN

Submitted 09/19/2008 at 02:15pm by Felix the cat

Features : 10

Full suite of controls for editing, selecting warp drive factors, bending light and dark matter plus a pre-wired frontal lobotomy dial to remove one's own frontal lobes. Just plug it in and enjoy the inter dimensional aspects of this all tube design. Spark it up, Sparky!

Sound Quality : 10

I'm using this with a plastic guitar that I originally bought for my 3-year old daughter Jenny. Once I realized that Hasbro had actually crafted an instrument in the same league as the big guitar manufacturers, I was determined to find an amp worth of the Hasbro "Guitar Hero" model guitar.

Enter the Fender Blues Junior. For starters, the Hasbro's clear nylon strings vibrate and oscillate in perfect harmony with the BJr. So much so that I dialed my pals, Malmstein, Clapton, Satriani and Vai, and said. "Boys! You have GOT to check out this amp!" They had never heard of Fender, but they all had recently replaced all of their guitars with a single Hasbro Guitar Hero! Amazing tone! Ingwie had a pink one with my little pony prints on it. Clapton's had the blue top with the bubbles, as did Stevie Vai. Satch's was custom made for him-all chrome. Fantastic!

Back to the amp: I plugged in the Hasbro and sparked up the BJr. Upon hitting the first note of Flight of the Bumblebee (1/2048th notes) my front door crashed down and hundreds of the world's most beautiful supermodels streamed through the doorway screaming in one chorus: "I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU! I WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABIES!! MAKE LOVE TO ME NOW!!!" Wow, I was really surprised. That's how good this amp sounds.

Reliability : 10

Just to be sure, I had the US Army drive 100 Abrahms M2A Tanks over the amp. Then each tank took turns firing either HE or Sabot rounds at it from a distance of 1 nanometer. Not a scratch on the amp! Wow! This Fender company is good, very good! I never heard of them before but hey, they're rather obscure in the amp business, ya think? I would trust this amp even if the gig was underwater-in the Marianna trench. I will take it with me when I gig in other dimensions or different planets too.

Customer Support : 10

I called Joe Fender and he answered personally. That's good service. I told him that I needed to pay off the national debt so he sent me the cash. Look for the story on CNN: "Fender guitar amp owner pays off 53 trillion in US Treasury debt! Wall street reacts by sending the DOW to 100,000!" No really, this WILL happen. Joe Fender is the greatest.

Overall Rating : 10

As an intergalactic phase reversal device it is absolutely un-paralled. Right?

I'm pretty sure that "Felix the Cat" was making fun of some of the people who review reviews on Harmony Central. You know the type of people he's talking about - the ones who claim they can get great tones for ANY type of music with their one setup, even if it's a BC Rich Warlock and Krank amp or that their Crate amp sounds just as good (or "better!") than an original tweed Bassman. They're usually the people who buy something then run to Harmony Central after only five minutes of using whatever Rock God Device they bought to write a review in the hope of validating their purchase, no matter if it's actually a good product or sucks *** - they don't know themselves anyway.

If there are 100 reviews for a product on Harmony Central, I might find 5 that are worth the time to read. But, those 5 are usually worth wading through all the BS to find.

I'm pretty sure that "Felix the Cat" was making fun of some of the people who review reviews on Harmony Central. You know the type of people he's talking about - the ones who claim they can get great tones for ANY type of music with their one setup' date=' even if it's a BC Rich Warlock and Krank amp or that their Crate amp sounds just as good (or "better!") than an original tweed Bassman. They're usually the people who buy something then run to Harmony Central after only five minutes of using whatever Rock God Device they bought to write a review in the hope of validating their purchase, no matter if it's actually a good product or sucks *** - they don't know themselves anyway.

If there are 100 reviews for a product on Harmony Central, I might find 5 that are worth the time to read. But, those 5 are usually worth wading through all the BS to find.[/quote']

Yeah, that's why I never know what to believe on HC. Plus I wonder if some people aren't posting awsome reviews for products they sell (like Ed Roman!).

Anyway, the same guy that was selling that Blackheart on Craigslist last week is now selling a Blues Jr. I'm looking for a low wattage tube amp, but $350 seems kinda high for a one channel 15W amp. Anyone here have opinions?

I'm pretty sure that "Felix the Cat" was making fun of some of the people who review reviews on Harmony Central. You know the type of people he's talking about - the ones who claim they can get great tones for ANY type of music with their one setup' date=' even if it's a BC Rich Warlock and Krank amp or that their Crate amp sounds just as good (or "better!") than an original tweed Bassman. They're usually the people who buy something then run to Harmony Central after only five minutes of using whatever Rock God Device they bought to write a review in the hope of validating their purchase, no matter if it's actually a good product or sucks *** - they don't know themselves anyway.[/quote']

+1

Archived