Gibson Brands Forums

Heads up - J-45 Legend on eBay

GotTheSilver

I have no affiliation with this sale whatsoever, but thought I would give a heads up to anyone interested. There is a used J-45 Legend on eBay right now. Opening bid of $3,699 and no bids yet. In case anyone is interested.

My link

hey i see bob dylan is the seller. thought it would go for a lot higher [flapper]

Geez, can't even get the pickguard in the right location on this one? I note that it is a "Pre-Legend" Historic, so I'm not sure if the specs are exactly the same. I thought the rosette should be a single white ring, and the top binding should be single-ply white.

Think I'll pass, as much as I might like a Legend.

"Records beautifully"...... Hmmm, might depend a little on who is playing it

Geez, can't even get the pickguard in the right location on this one? I note that it is a "Pre-Legend" Historic, so I'm not sure if the specs are exactly the same. I thought the rosette should be a single white ring, and the top binding should be single-ply white.

Think I'll pass, as much as I might like a Legend.

"Records beautifully"...... Hmmm, might depend a little on who is playing it

Again with the PG

When I started this thread, I did not realize there was a "Pre-Legend" Historic. Sorry for any confusion if I misrepresented the guitar in my original post.

The rosette on my 2010 Legend is exactly the same as on the eBay guitar. My Legend also has w/b/w/b/w binding on the top and w/b/w on the back. Looks to be the same on the eBay guitar.

Oh, and the pickguard on my Legend is placed properly! [biggrin]

When I started this thread, I did not realize there was a "Pre-Legend" Historic. ...

These are Legends. The introduction of the name "Legend" just postdates the introduction of the model.

-- Bob R

Archived