Gibson Brands Forums

Voxac15 or Egnater Tweaker?

Andrew Riggs

I can get the Tweaker for 550$ new at guitarcenter. I cant drive yet and I live an hour away from guitar center so whenever I go I cant stay very long. I am asking about voxac15 and the Egnater tweaker. I hear lots of good things about both of these amps. I play in a church band and would like some clean tones. Nothing heavy metal. I know the tweaker can get both sounds but I don't know about the voxac15. I am not locked in to any specific tones but I want an amp that can get loud and stay fairly clean and that can work good with pedals. Which one of these 2 are better. I only have 550$

Lots of folks around here really like the Tweaker but have also heard that the Rebel is better for clean. I own an AC15 and its great and takes pedels very well and the cleans are great. Don't they have a exchange program to try one out? Good luck its always fun to do some amp shopping

I like the AC-15 over the Egnater. I've played Egnater amps and they sound muffled and plasticy. AC-15 has a great clean tone, though it's overdrive isn't known as well. With some high end amps usually they can do one thing really well i.e. specialized amps. :)

The ac15 has an AMAZING crunch like nothing else. It's definitely not just for clean sounds, but it's not even close to a high gain amp either.

I agree about the Egnators though. They're kinda lame amps if you ask me. I wouldn't mind having one but I wouldn't buy one

Even though the Egnater Tweaker is a great amp-if it was up against anything but the Vox,I'd recommend it-but since it's up against the Vox,I'd have to pick the Vox.The Vox would be plenty clean for church,works great with pedals and is as solid as a church too,plus it can get a nice grungy tone if needed.

Archived