Gibson Brands Forums

New member & NGD

harps

Welcome.

If the only issue was the scratch and the guitar was a hit on everything else, I would've kept it.

The string alignment at the bottom of the neck is obviously off. My question is - are the nut slot spacings off, or is the bridge misaligned? If the nut slots spacings were off and I liked everything else about the guitar I would try to negotiate a price on a new nut. If the bridge alignment were off I would go for an exchange.

However, with three issues - the scratch, the string alignment, and the finish darker than I would like - I would most likely exchange the guitar.

Well I opened this thread expecting some photos etc. Hadn't expected the OP to have already thrown a hissy fit about only one reply and run off. This isn't exactly the fastest moving subsection.

Missed that, what was the OP post about?

The OP purchased an SG, in aged cherry I think. After getting a look at it, the color was to dark for his taste, there was a very noticeable scratch on the top edge of the headstock (pic posted), and from a pic posted of the bottom end of the fretboard you could easily see the strings were scewed toward the treble side of the neck, with like a 3.8" of room between the base edge of the fretboard and the low E string and very little room (maybe 1/16") between the treble edge and the high E string. He was going to return it and asked what the members would do.

The OP purchased an SG, in aged cherry I think. After getting a look at it, the color was to dark for his taste, there was a very noticeable scratch on the top edge of the headstock (pic posted), and from a pic posted of the bottom end of the fretboard you could easily see the strings were scewed toward the treble side of the neck, with like a 3.8" of room between the base edge of the fretboard and the low E string and very little room (maybe 1/16") between the treble edge and the high E string. He was going to return it and asked what the members would do.

Ah, thanks - seems a bit silly storming off though. [huh]

Archived