Gibson Brands Forums

A neat story about how Lennon treated his guitars

jaxson50

I've read it a number of times but it's cool to revisit it.

I have only seen a handful of those Ric short scale, I didn't know he had disconnected the middle pickup, but it makes since for the way he played.

Those guys (The Beatles) really put their instruments to the test... They were constantly playing them.... I'm actually impressed they didn't break head-stocks on any of them as much as they handled them and being place all over the studio [confused]

Those guys (The Beatles) really put their instruments to the test... They were constantly playing them.... I'm actually impressed they didn't break head-stocks on any of them as much as they handled them and being place all over the studio [confused]

John dropped his "Miami" 325 in 1965...Every time he played it (this includes the famous Shea Stadium show of 65'), it would go out of tune.

And everyone knows the tragic ending of George's Country Gentleman.....

I hear that George really took care of his gear though (except for the Country Gent incident....), especially in his later years. When he first got his Duo Jet (the one that Gretsch/Fender is cloning...), he polished that thing up like there was no tomorrow. He had a quite interesting collection of guitars, including all of his nice Strats.

I read a story about the rebuild that Hofner did on Pauls Beatle Basses, he had two, the older one (the first he bought ) was sent to the shop with strick orderes not to remove the play list that was on the top edge, it was the play list fron their last concert in SF. The fretts were worn down into the fingerboard, he had tied the front end on the shoulder strap around the neck at the heel end, with a leather shoe lace that was tied on where the raised neck sits just infron of the neck pickup....

The bass left the shop like new, with the play list still on it. It is on it today.

Archived