Gibson Brands Forums

Something kinda technical on a relaxed Saturday

Tman

Looks like I'm making this into a big deal and it wasn't but I need an excuse to show off my J-45 and also make it look like I did something luthier like smiley-dance005.gif. Just re-glued a piece of velcro. Quite an accomplishment for my typically lame self when it comes to this kind of stuff.

My battery pack became loose when the adhesive failed on the velcro piece attached to the neck heel (I just learned all of this stuff). Finally relaxing Saturday day off so I changed strings, polished my beauty and fixed the problem.

Here's the loose battery pack. At first I thought the LR Baggs pickup had come loose but everything still worked. Found out that it was the battery pack of the active system. Gibson customer service (Jeremy) suggested the fix.

IMG_1040.jpg

Here it is brought out of the sound hole after I took off the strings. I sprayed some "finish enhancer" from Fender on the smudge caused by my sleeveless (arrow). Can you tell I'm used to writing journal articles? Maybe different finishes on Fenders but it didn't get rid of it. I did get rid of the dust however. Any ideas how to get the Vintage burst back to it's original lustre?

Slide1.jpg

Superglued the adhesive back into place.

IMG_1045.jpg

Changed to Martin SP .12's et Viola!

IMG_1047.jpg

Beautiful guitar I've always fancied those j45 customs

Thanks ditdr. Maybe it is finally opening up or whatever the term is for getting "broken in" but with the new strings it just absolutely sings and resonates like crazy.

Feels good to accomplish something, eh ? Me, I cleaned out the garage...

Sounds like what you did was more useful but probably not as much fun! [biggrin]

Nice Guitar! With regards to the arm smudge, I get the same thing on my J-45 every time I play it, and the dunlop spray guitar polish/cleaner and a microfiber cloth works great to get it off and bring back the original shine. It also works great for removing sweat, finger mange on the fretboard and all kinds of other grime that goes along with hard playing.

lg_65.jpg

Nice Guitar! With regards to the arm smudge, I get the same thing on my J-45 every time I play it, and the dunlop spray guitar polish/cleaner and a microfiber cloth works great to get it off and bring back the original shine. It also works great for removing sweat, finger mange on the fretboard and all kinds of other grime that goes along with hard playing.

lg_65.jpg

Thanks NBhunter80! That's exactly the kind of advice I was looking for - I'l get some

Thanks for the comments!

57 thanks for the cleaner suggestion. I guess I've missed those threads and I promise I have no financial interest in those companies!

Blues King I did partially glue 2 of my fingers together doing it. [biggrin]

Archived