Gibson Brands Forums

10 posts

Steve B

• 3 weeks later...

I think that rule sucks.

This IS the problem with kids today....instant gratification. They want it in JOBS, they want it in FAMILY, and they want it on the WWW.

When you become a active and contributing member of ANY society, you "EARN" certain privileges. Get used to it, you're about to find out that you have to "EARN" you way in life.

I don't think 10 post on a ****in website is that big a deal!

I agree

On all three points

( and that's another post for me - wheeeee )

This IS the problem with kids today....instant gratification. They want it in JOBS, they want it in FAMILY, and they want it on the WWW.

When you become a active and contributing member of ANY society, you "EARN" certain privileges. Get used to it, you're about to find out that you have to "EARN" you way in life.

and hows about my avatar ?

Cool, eh?

I had to earn those too !

• 2 weeks later...

It would be easy to simply agree with this statement, but there are a couple of things that we should qualify:

1. Respect breeds respect. It needs to be a "top-down" MUTUAL thing - and not just with adults vs kids, but also with Executives/Managers vs Staff, etc etc. Respect needs to be earned both ways. Same goes for Trust.

2. Based on this, if a new member to a society is not treated with the same respect/trust as existing members, then what do new members of the soceity have to aspire to?

So, I feel that the "10 post rule" is there for something very different: to stop those who have no self-respect from trashing the site immediately after registration. This is a different situation, and illustrates not that privileges need to be earned, but that we all suffer to some degree from irresponsible actions of others.

Philosphising over! Don't know where all that came from! Brain overload!

Best wishes.

I have been a member for a while and I have not got 10 posts yet. But I have enjoyed these forums everyday since I joined. There is so much knowledge to get from here. After reading this I am going to start joining in the conversations. Thanks, Guys [thumbup]

• 3 weeks later...

yes it does suck.

why is the current forum "Gibson Admits Wrong" locked? Is Gibson not accepting comments from its loyal fans/customers?

It's not locked, YOU have not met the criteria to post in that section....READ ABOVE!

It's not locked, YOU have not met the criteria to post in that section....READ ABOVE!

You mean its not locked YET :P

For the new people.. if a thread gets out of hand, contains rude or abusive posts (and other reasons ;)) it will get shut down.. Just takes a day or so sometimes :)

Forums are supposed to be "in-clusive" not "ex-clusive". The Lounge is a popular place and where a lot goes on. Being excluded until you get 10 posts presents a 'cold' environment. In '99 I created what is now one of the busiest Volvo car club forums in the world and we never had that rule. Everyone is welcome in all the forums from the day they sign up.

Bob

It probably doesnt really matter that much about posting after 10 or whatever. At some point you can post wherever you want. I enjoy reading about folks projects.equipment,instruments,other players,,I learn more from all that,so its all good.

Archived